Beaver Campaign Update

  • Michael L. Sensor
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 1999
      Hello all:

      We need your help in the closing days of the Beaver for Newark City Council
      campaign.

      As an update, you should know that the campaign has raised over $5,000.00,
      registered nearly 100 students to vote, withstood a challenge from the New
      Castle County Department of Elections to our student registrations, and
      completely blindsided our opponent, Thomas Wampler. Mr. Wampler and the
      entire Newark power structure are running scared.

      We CAN win this one - but we need your help to do it.

      Please consider volunteering for any of the following events. We have
      already received offers of support from Libertarians activists all over the
      Mid-Atlantic region. Can we count on yours as well?

      MONDAY, APRIL 5 - 7:00 p.m.
      "Meet the Candidates" Night at the Newark Center for Creative Learning, 401
      Phillips Avenue. We would like as many Libertarians as possible to be
      present to lend moral support to Dan.

      THURSDAY, APRIL 8 - 7:30 p.m.
      League of Women Voters/DUSC/SAGE Candidates' Debate, Trabant University
      Center Theater. Come to show your support for Dan. Volunteers are needed
      to greet debate attendees outside of the theater.

      SATURDAY, APRIL 10 - 11:00 a.m.
      Final literature drop in Fourth District and final opportunity to post yard
      signs. Meet in the parking lot of the Deer Park Tavern, 108 W. Main Street,
      Newark.

      TUESDAY, APRIL 13 - ALL DAY
      Election Day. GOTV efforts will begin at 5:00 a.m. with posting of voting
      reminder notices on the doors of the Fourth District. Ten more volunteers
      are needed to assist in GOTV and poll working.

      Help us put a Libertarian on Newark City Council!

      If you would like to assist with any of these activities, or desire further
      information, please contact me directly at sensor@....

      --
      Michael L. Sensor
      Campaign Manager