Libertarian Mark Anthony Parks for U.S. Congress 2008

  • mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2008
      Friends, Libertarians, Countrymen Lend Me Your Ears,

      About this time last year I was in the process of reevaluating my
      mutual fund investments. I had learned of a strategy of switching
      money to different classifications of mutual funds could yield a 20%
      return each year. The strategy was based on the interest rate of
      the 30 year treasury bond (although these bonds are no longer
      offered). When this interest rate that was set by the Federal
      Reserve was going down I would put my money in bond mutual funds.
      When the intrest rate was on the rise I wanted my money in stock
      mutual funds. When the interest rate was over 8% I wanted my money
      in a money market mutual fund.

      The Fed Rate moved with or led the U.S. economy through ups and
      downs. From these experiences I became curious about an
      institution that seemed to lead the U.S. economy along as a person
      might lead a horse. When I entered the Federal Reserve in to the
      search engine many links to the Federal Reserve Board website came
      up and under current news came the headline of a YouTube video
      titled "Ron Paul ownz the Federal Reserve." -
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4kxTkhwR_Q From this I continued my
      investigations into Ron Paul and his www.campaignforliberty.com .
      Naively, I was sure Ron Paul and a monetary policy based on sound
      currency, ending the Fed, shrinking government, no policing the
      world, and ending overseas occupations of Iraq, Afghanistan, Korea,
      Germany, Japan and wherever else in the world would be quickly
      accepted. Ending the income tax, abolishing the Federal Department
      of Education, and ending the War on Drugs, and the War on Terror,
      ending the patriot act, stopping FISA abuses, and working to return
      America to a stable and prosperous country were issues in Ron Paul's
      platform. (America is nearly 10 trillion dollars in debt, with over
      600 million in deficits planned for next fiscal year and 100s of
      billions in unfunded obligations to baby boomers about to retire.
      There is no more money, we are creating money out of thin air as a
      spendaholic would abuse a credit card. The bailout is a farce.)

      There was an eventful buildup to the first Republican presidential
      primary/caucus in Iowa for the Ron Paul Campaign. A Very succesful
      fundraising season and very well attended rallies, (one taking place
      in Philadelphia) bolstered the campaign and brought some media
      attention. Ron Paul received 10% of the vote in Iowa. Most of the
      political experts seemed surprised. I was thinking he would do
      better, but it wasn't a bad showing.

      Then before the New Hampshire debates Ron Paul was excluded from a
      debate and someone that had received a lower percentage of votes in
      the Iowa caucus was invited. How could he be kept out? This is
      when I started campaigning. Over the last few months I have
      knocked on doors, made phone calss, waved signs by the side of the
      road, sent letters to my congress people, traveled to D.C. twice for
      freedom rallies, and drove to Minneapolis and spent the weekend at a
      camp ground so I could attend political rallies. I have also
      attended meetings where friends have presented petitions to mayors
      and city councils. I have even distributed literature at major
      sporting events and in an effort to inform citizens of what I
      thought was a gross violation of trust by elements of the U.S.
      establishment. Finally I realized that- IMHO-,
      coservatism/Libertarian views would best serve the people, and the
      nation. And hopefully my candidacy is the natural course that has
      culminated in my research and efforts.

      Please review my campaign brochure in the files section and if you
      agree with the views send it to all of your friends in Delaware.
      And tell them to do like wise by sending it on. To contact me
      through the mail please send correspondence or contributions to,

      P.O. Box 1381
      Bear, DE 19701

      any support would be greatly appreciated.