NCC Meeting, LP of Delaware, 5/18/2008, 6:30 pm

  • LPD-announce@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 13, 2008
      Reminder from: LPD-announce Yahoo! Group

      Title: NCC Meeting, LP of Delaware

      Date: Sunday May 18, 2008
      Time: 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
      Repeats: This event repeats every month on the third Sunday.
      Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be sent in 2 days, 4 minutes.
      Location: Panera Bread Company, Kirkwood Hghwy & Duncan Rd.
      Notes: Come to the meeting and stir the pot. Lead a project, make it happen.

      Directions from South:Take DE-1 N, DE-1 becomes DE-7 near Christiana Mall. Continue on DE-7N 2.0 miles and Turn LEFT onto LIMESTONE RD/(its still DE-7 N).
      Proceed 1 mile, Turn RIGHT onto KIRKWOOD HWY/DE-2 E.
      Proceed on Kirkwood HWY 1.3 miles, Turn right into Panera at corner with Duncan Road.

    • LPD-announce@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 15, 2008

        Date: Sunday May 18, 2008
        Time: 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm

      • Snewton929@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , May 18, 2008
          Everyone,
          I've been asked by the half-dozen folks who attended the NCC LP meeting tonight to summarize what we're thinking and planning in order to get the ball rolling with everyone who participates on this list.

          We'd like to propose that the Libertarian Party of Delaware hold its 2008 convention (and barbecue) on Sunday afternoon, July 20, in a location TBA but probably in the Dover/Camden/Wyoming area.

          The agenda of said event would be:

          1.  Get as many Libertarians and libertarians as possible for a social event from about noon-4pm (leaving plenty of time to catch a concert at the State Fair that night for those so inclined).

          2.  Elect statewide officers

          3.  Nominate candidates for office (we have at least one or two interested; more on specific names later)

          4.  Get a report from our delegate about the national convention

          5.  Invite at least one speaker associated with either the Libertarian presidential campaign or other nationally/regionally known Libertarian speaker

          6.  Collect as many names, email addresses, and phone numbers of libertarians and fellow-travelers as we can get.

          Here's where we are on the logistics of the thing:

          1.  Bill Morris and Brad Thomas will collaborate on getting the Libertarian voter registration list and turning the names into labels; Jim Rash can print up postcards.

          2.  Paul Thompson is going to see who he can sound out at the national convention about being will to speak

          3.  Steve Newton (hopefully with some help from our friends in and around Dover) will work on getting a location nailed down

          We hope to have the details complete enough to send out a mailing about this time next month.

          The picnic/barbecue would be a "bring your own dish to pass" with possibly some donations of hamburgers, hot dogs, etc. etc.

          We decided to make this listserv the main mechanism of communication so that everybody will be up on what we are doing, can express opinions, and perhaps jump in to help.  At this point pretty much everything is tentative and subject to change, compromise, or negotiation.

          (OK, if anyone at the meeting tonight thinks I've left something out, please let me know.  I am posting a duplicate of this on the LPD-Announce site.)