Meeting, this Sunday, July 22, same New Location!!

  • Georgej
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15 2:50 PM
      still 6:30 PM

      Meeting at Panera Bread Company, Route 2, at 3650 Kirkwood Highway
      (intersection with Duncan Road). 6:30 PM to 8:00. Panera
      closes at 8:00! so meeting is over then! I'll be there early (really)
      to grab a section for us (and not be on my way back from Baltimore).
      Hope to see you there! Manager says its not busy Sunday evenings, and
      that was true for our July meeting. Good treats, good bread, good
      soups, good salads, Panini pizza, and WIFI. Also, I hope to have a
      balloon at our table for those who want to find us, if not, the gavel
      (crab hammer) should be a give away.

      see map http://www.panerabread.com/cafes/map.php

      Well kick around our Newark community day booth (event is set for
      Sunday, September 16, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM, on the UD green). Any
      movement on tracking down the banner for our booth?

      We need some new energy and officers. Feel free to email me thoughts
      to post here. Bring your business hats, I'm bringing my gavel to keep
      us focused!

      On another note, our letter writing campaign on the drug war, I find
      writing anti-drug war letters particularly tedious. Its just hard for
      me to properly express nuanced positions, more so in the very concise
      format that is a letter to the editor, and one subject to
      unsupervised editing. I can get bogged down in fact checking too.

      I did find today two organizations that are aligned to my views and
      generally the LP position, they may not be new to you. They are
      November.org and the Drug Policy Alliance at http://www.drugpolicy.org
      Check them out! They may help you express your views. In addition,
      the LPD continues to support SURJ's rather modest reform efforts here
      in Delaware and support for them can be a letter topic.

      So, if you will, write a letter to the editor, for both the News
      Journal and Delaware State News. And if the drug war isn't your cup
      of tea for writing, support property rights along the lines of LP
      friendly voice and regular letter writer Alan Coffey. See
      http://blog.alancoffey.com/?p=45. Its very relevant with the proposed
      condemnations for river front development in Wilmington.

      If writing is out, well then help us out on Community Day. Or bring
      up your own vehicle for advocacy and party building at the meeting.

      All the best, see you there,

      George