NCC LP Meeting Sunday, June 17, 6:30 PM

  • Georgej
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2007
      Meeting at Crossroads Cafe, Routes 2 and 7 (Kirkwood Highway and
      Limestone Roads). 6:30 PM to 8:10. Hope to see you there! Enter front
      door, turn left to face main portion of the restaurant, we are in the
      back right room usually.

      LPD meeting this Sunday.

      Agenda:

      I'd rather meet in a library meeting room. Any seconds? Other ideas?
      Maybe I'll second yours. My concern: It is not conducive to making
      presentations or conducting business to meet in a public restaurant in
      a public room, where other patrons are sitting.

      Allan Coffey of Newark is attempting to reinvigorate the property
      rights cause here in Delaware as legislation to address the Kelo
      decision boggled down. He was published in the NJ May 23.
      http://tinyurl.com/29nbgl He has a blog site
      http://blog.alancoffey.com/, check it out, he seems quite active in
      his postings and we have a lot in common.

      Attorney and libertarian/progressive activist Tyler Nixon is fighting
      HB 177 that will ban fusion candidates and has lots of other
      restrictions that appear unconstitutional either at the Delaware or
      Federal level. He was on WDEL on Tuesday June 12 discussing the
      de-merits of the proposed legislation.

      George Phillies wants our support for his run for the LP presidential
      nomination (and sends me regular mail).

      Senator Ron Paul, former Libertarian and now libertarian Republican
      Senator from Texas, is running for the Republican nomination for
      President. There are meet-up groups forming in Delaware should you
      like to support him.

      I have a friend (graduate of Philly School of Art) that has prepared a
      couple of political cartoons for us. I'll bring prints of them and we
      can kick around using them. He'd like us to put them up on our web
      site. Not exactly Jack Jurden, because of its tone, but its worth
      checking out.

      As some of you know, I contacted my representatives in Delaware
      regarding a couple of Senate Bills seeking a new energy utility and
      seeking set asides for PV (photovoltaics), the former of which I think
      is dubious and the later of which I think is plain bad public policy
      in that it seeks to legislate the winning alternative energy
      technology, and picks residential pv that is high cost and
      inefficient. I'll bring some materials on emerging technologies. I
      have some interesting news as a result of my contacts as well.

      The man got you down, join up with the LP and lets give him a kick in
      the shins.

      Oh, and DownsizeDC continues to do just that in a nonpartisan manner,
      lately taking on the immigration bill in hilarious sarcasm, and
      proffering the One Subject at a Time Act (OSTA).

      George