NCC Meeting on Sunday June 25

  • Georgej
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22 3:53 PM
      Hi all, the next New Castle County Libertarian Party meeting is Sunday
      June 25, at the Crossroads Cafe, Routes 7 & 2. The meeting will be
      6:30 to 8:00 for BUSINESS. Meet at 6:00 for a drink, ordering food,
      socializing etc., or come at 6:30.

      We are going to try and keep this meeting more business oriented.
      We'll try and follow at least loosely Roberts rules of order (an
      anachronism for a LP?).

      AGENDA:
      Focus of the meeting will be building the party infrastructure so we
      can build a strong political party. In recent years the LPD has
      functioned more as a small l philosophy dinner club. We need more
      focus on tasks and the business of building a public profile and
      ultimately to attracting and supporting viable candidates. We also
      need know how and a focus on building the knowledgebase, tools and
      resources of running a political party. Everett will be presenting
      ideas on how we can better organize and run our political party.

      An event. I contacted Delaware City to set up our booth, but they
      have been ignoring me. We need an event. The reggae festival is
      early August I believe. I need 4-5 volunteers to set up and staff a
      booth, and gather materials beforehand.

      I have contacted Frank Sims and supported his lobbying against HB10
      that would deny cross party nominations for candidates.

      Delaware Movement for Medical Rights update.

      We'd also like to arrange a fun night, gathering, event. A Blue Rocks
      game as a group would get us a PA announcement and could be $7-$8
      each, minimum of 20 people. I'd arrange a tailgate and pass a hat for
      food&drink. How many can attend Thursday June 29, or perhaps Thursday
      July 13, or Saturday July 15 (or29)? Lets do this! A backyard
      barbeque is another possibility....

      Old business as it comes up.

      Lastly, Everett has arranged a door prize for a lucky attendee. Its a
      cool Libertarian focused gift, or so I have read.

      George Jurgensen
      Chairman, Libertarian Party of Delaware

      P.S. See you there!