NCC meeting Sunday Jan. 15

  • Georgej
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2006
      Hi all,

      there will be the monthly New Castle County LP meeting tomorrow at the
      Crossroads Cafe, routes 7 and 2, at 7:00 PM. Come early at 6:30 for a
      drink and to socialize. Meeting open to all, bring some like minded
      friends, activists and those with organizational strenghts especially
      welcome.

      Meeting business:

      We'll kick around plans/dates for the annual meeting and other points
      from the state board meeting held today. For one thing, we are
      kicking around ideas for running booths at alternative events to the
      state fair, that would be more appropriate to our resources. I would
      also like to take nominations for the James Conk Memorial Liberty
      award to be presented at the annual meeting (nominees should be
      willing to appear at the annual meeting).

      We also need a target issue to work on that illustrates to the public
      what we stand for as a party, and that gets people together to
      accomplish a goal! Rob Kitz suggests anti-red light camera activism,
      and perhaps making it activism against government cameras in public
      places in general. Other suggestions? Eminent domain perhaps? Can
      we get at least 6 people to work on a cause....write at least one
      letter, show up at 1-2 letter mailings (for example), and perhaps
      contribute a few bucks. There is power in teamwork....so come join a
      team!

      Ok, thanks all. See you tomorrow. Spread the word to those not on
      the yahoo distribution list.

      George Jurgensen
      NCC Chair(stander)