Numbers for Rome vs. Barbarian games?

  • sdondershine
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 3, 2008
      I'm just curious--what kinds of numbers are folks fielding for their
      games per side? I'd be interested to see some warband write ups.
      Generally what is the ratio of barbarians to Romans turning out to be,
      roughly speaking?

      Steve
    • lotrhithero
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 3, 2008
        We've not got any Celt forces ready yet, but are having 700pt games in
        a Roman civil war.

        Dave

        --- In LOTRvariants@yahoogroups.com, "sdondershine" <sdondershine@...>
        wrote:

        > I'm just curious--what kinds of numbers are folks fielding for their
        > games per side? I'd be interested to see some warband write ups.
        > Generally what is the ratio of barbarians to Romans turning out to
        be,
        > roughly speaking?
        >
        > Steve

      • Hixon, Timothy
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 3, 2008

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 4, 2008
            The reason I ask is that I am thinking about picking up some figs from
            the Foundry Xmas sale (and probably some Warlord stuff too) and am
            trying to get a sense of what to pick up. I am thinking maybe 40-50
            Romans and 80 or so barbarians. I plan on modding the lists a bit for
            Ancient Germans.

            --- In LOTRvariants@yahoogroups.com, "lotrhithero" <lotrhithero@...>
            wrote:

            > We've not got any Celt forces ready yet, but are having 700pt games in
            > a Roman civil war.
            >
            > Dave
            >
            > --- In LOTRvariants@yahoogroups.com, "sdondershine" <sdondershine@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > I'm just curious--what kinds of numbers are folks fielding for their
            > > games per side? I'd be interested to see some warband write ups.
            > > Generally what is the ratio of barbarians to Romans turning out to
            > be,
            > > roughly speaking?
            > >
            > > Steve

          • lotrhithero
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 4, 2008
              That sounds about right, it might be an idea to do a rough army list
              draft before purchase, but those numbers are good for a LOTR style game.

              wrote:

              > The reason I ask is that I am thinking about picking up some figs from
              > the Foundry Xmas sale (and probably some Warlord stuff too) and am
              > trying to get a sense of what to pick up. I am thinking maybe 40-50
              > Romans and 80 or so barbarians. I plan on modding the lists a bit for
              > Ancient Germans.
            • Paul.
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 8, 2008
                wrote:

                > That sounds about right, it might be an idea to do a rough army
                list
                > draft before purchase, but those numbers are good for a LOTR style
                game.

                > Dave
                >
                > --- In LOTRvariants@yahoogroups.com, "sdondershine" <sdondershine@>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > The reason I ask is that I am thinking about picking up some figs
                from
                > > the Foundry Xmas sale (and probably some Warlord stuff too) and am
                > > trying to get a sense of what to pick up. I am thinking maybe 40-
                50
                > > Romans and 80 or so barbarians. I plan on modding the lists a bit
                for
                > > Ancient Germans.

                I just picked up 2 boxes of Romans and 3 boxes of Celts so it
                should give me some 'number' options..that is when I put the fig's
                together :{