Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [LR_Cos] Pippin Scarf

Expand Messages
  • Sarah Strong
    hi! I haven t made this project, but it is one I ve drooled over! ;) I think if I were going to go ahead with it, I would look in the sock yarn area of the
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 31 10:50 AM
    • 0 Attachment
      hi!
      I haven't made this project, but it is one I've drooled over! ;)
      I think if I were going to go ahead with it, I would look in the sock
      yarn area of the knitting shop, for both the variegated yarn and for the
      solid. that would probably work up to about the gauge mentioned in the
      ACS page you linked to. Or maybe the lace yarns?
      New question for other knitters: HOW MUCH yarn does this scarf take? I
      know I can make a pair of socks with about 75 grams or so, but a scarf
      is a lot bigger than a pair of socks. Also doesn't lace yarn tend to
      have more yardage per gram than sock yarn, and how does that affect the
      shopping list?
      I'm a sock knitter, and like to make two at a time using the "magic
      loop" technique, so I would probably make it in the round that way
      rather than flat. It's much easier to do fair isle with the right side
      always facing you.
      I think as far as number of stitches to cast on... clearly it should be
      a multiple of the pattern repeat, so the pattern isn't interrupted at
      the seam. I guess if it were me, I'd watch the movie again or prowl
      around in my fan magazines or on line, and look for a good image that I
      could count how many pattern repeats show across the width of the scarf
      (and double that, for the back side) Anyway from the photos here, maybe
      4 or 5 across, so 9 or 10 altogether? (the chart shows 4 so you can see
      how they interact across the fabric) Ultimately it should be what you
      need to get the size scarf you want, with your yarn.
      And as always, I'd feel free to interpret the color scheme a little, so
      the finished scarf would be something I'd really enjoy wearing and look
      good in. We've discussed here many times, how the color grading done in
      post-production (not to mention the lighting used at the time of
      filming) changes the apparent color of a costume. To me that says, feel
      free to adjust the color to achieve the effect you find most pleasing.
      So for this project, do you want the background solid color to be a warm
      grey, a cool grey, a greeny-gray, etc? Maybe the variegated yarn you
      find that you fall in love with is a green-blue-purple thing.
      S

      On 8/31/2013 11:07 AM, ladyofrohan@... wrote:
      > Hello everyone! I have been searching high and low for a decent pattern
      > and yarn selections to knit a replica of a Pippin Took scarf. The only
      > information I seem to be able to find is that from this site:
      > http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/Hobbit/Pippin/KnitScarf.htm I found
      > this group through a google search. I actually stumbled upon an old
      > topic from ten years ago about folks trying to figure the scarf out. I
      > thought I'd ask, seeing as the group seems to be quite active, if anyone
      > has recently made a Pippin scarf of their own. I'm pretty new to
      > knitting for one thing, and I must admit I'm really confused about the
      > houndstooth diagram on the costuming site - I can't even figure out how
      > many stitches I would need to cast on! I'm not really looking for
      > knitting help at this point, mostly I was curious to see if anyone has
      > found a good yarn and needle size that they have found worked best for
      > this scarf. Thank you in advance! :)
      >
    • Judy Mitchell
      Actually, from looking at someone s site that has done a lot more research, some of our info isn t quite correct: it s not a tube! the edges curl back and the
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 31 1:21 PM
      • 0 Attachment
        Actually, from looking at someone's site that has done a lot more
        research, some of our info isn't quite correct: it's not a tube! the
        edges curl back and the width varies a lot during the movies.
        Her website also has a link to someone who has (via hotlinks) a bunch of
        scarf pics that may help you. Since the color changes depending on which
        scene, whether scale double or Boyd, and of course the issue of color
        grading... choose the colors you like the best that you can also find!
        http://fandom-knit.livejournal.com/15379.html

        Here is another website that has a chart for the herringbone pattern
        although they suggest stitching it into a tube.
        http://fandom-knit.livejournal.com/15379.html

        -Judy



        On 08/31/2013 11:07 AM, ladyofrohan@... wrote:
        > Hello everyone! I have been searching high and low for a decent pattern
        > and yarn selections to knit a replica of a Pippin Took scarf. The only
        > information I seem to be able to find is that from this site:
        > http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/Hobbit/Pippin/KnitScarf.htm I found
        > this group through a google search. I actually stumbled upon an old
        > topic from ten years ago about folks trying to figure the scarf out. I
        > thought I'd ask, seeing as the group seems to be quite active, if anyone
        > has recently made a Pippin scarf of their own. I'm pretty new to
        > knitting for one thing, and I must admit I'm really confused about the
        > houndstooth diagram on the costuming site - I can't even figure out how
        > many stitches I would need to cast on! I'm not really looking for
        > knitting help at this point, mostly I was curious to see if anyone has
        > found a good yarn and needle size that they have found worked best for
        > this scarf. Thank you in advance! :)
        >
      • Sarah Strong
        um, was that going to be two different links? S ... From: Judy Mitchell To: [2]LOTR_Costume@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re: [LR_Cos]
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 31 2:27 PM
        • 0 Attachment
          um, was that going to be two different links?

          S





          ----- Original message -----

          From: Judy Mitchell <[1]judymitch@...>

          To: [2]LOTR_Costume@yahoogroups.com

          Subject: Re: [LR_Cos] Pippin Scarf

          Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 16:21:15 -0400





          Actually, from looking at someone's site that has done a lot more
          research, some of our info isn't quite correct: it's not a tube! the
          edges curl back and the width varies a lot during the movies.
          Her website also has a link to someone who has (via hotlinks) a bunch
          of
          scarf pics that may help you. Since the color changes depending on
          which
          scene, whether scale double or Boyd, and of course the issue of color
          grading... choose the colors you like the best that you can also find!
          [3]http://fandom-knit.livejournal.com/15379.html

          Here is another website that has a chart for the herringbone pattern
          although they suggest stitching it into a tube.
          [4]http://fandom-knit.livejournal.com/15379.html

          -Judy


          [5]Visit Your Group
          [6]Yahoo! Groups
          Switch to: [7]Text-Only, [8]Daily Digest • [9]Unsubscribe • [10]Terms
          of Use • [11]Send us Feedback

          .

          [stime=1377980479]







          --
          Sarah Strong
          sarahstrong13@...

          References

          1. mailto:judymitch@...
          2. mailto:LOTR_Costume@yahoogroups.com
          3. http://fandom-knit.livejournal.com/15379.html
          4. http://fandom-knit.livejournal.com/15379.html
          5. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume;_ylc=X3oDMTJlOWZzNTdxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTM3Nzk4MDQ3OQ--
          6. http://groups.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTJkY3RrcWttBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxMzc3OTgwNDc5
          7. mailto:LOTR_Costume-traditional@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change%20Delivery%20Format:%20Traditional
          8. mailto:LOTR_Costume-digest@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email%20Delivery:%20Digest
          9. mailto:LOTR_Costume-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe
          10. http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          11. mailto:ygroupsnotifications@yahoogroups.com?subject=Feedback%20on%20the%20redesigned%20individual%20mail%20v1


          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        • Judy Mitchell
          Oops! yes, it was. sorry. I ll try this again. ;) This is the website with the most info, and the link to someone with hotlinks for more pics.
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 31 7:44 PM
          • 0 Attachment
            Oops! yes, it was. sorry. I'll try this again. ;)

            This is the website with the most info, and the link to someone with
            hotlinks for more pics.
            http://semielliptical.livejournal.com/75746.html

            and this was the second one with a color chart for the herringbone
            pattern (those who understand such things might compare them?)
            http://fandom-knit.livejournal.com/15379.html

            -Judy


            On 08/31/2013 05:27 PM, Sarah Strong wrote:
            > um, was that going to be two different links?
            >
            > S
            >
          • Sarah Strong
            great, thanks, they are both really good sites! S ... From: Judy Mitchell To: [2]LOTR_Costume@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re:
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 31 8:57 PM
            • 0 Attachment
              great, thanks, they are both really good sites!

              S





              ----- Original message -----

              From: Judy Mitchell <[1]judymitch@...>

              To: [2]LOTR_Costume@yahoogroups.com

              Subject: Re: [LR_Cos] Pippin Scarf

              Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 22:44:55 -0400





              Oops! yes, it was. sorry. I'll try this again. ;)

              This is the website with the most info, and the link to someone with
              hotlinks for more pics.
              [3]http://semielliptical.livejournal.com/75746.html

              and this was the second one with a color chart for the herringbone
              pattern (those who understand such things might compare them?)
              [4]http://fandom-knit.livejournal.com/15379.html

              -Judy

              On 08/31/2013 05:27 PM, Sarah Strong wrote:
              > um, was that going to be two different links?
              >
              > S
              >





              --
              Sarah Strong
              sarahstrong13@...

              References

              1. mailto:judymitch@...
              2. mailto:LOTR_Costume@yahoogroups.com
              3. http://semielliptical.livejournal.com/75746.html
              4. http://fandom-knit.livejournal.com/15379.html
              5. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJxaWtsYWpjBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBG1zZ0lkAzYxNjkyBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDMTM3ODAwMzQ5OA--?act=reply&messageNum=61692
              6. mailto:judymitch@...?subject=Re%3A%20%5BLR_Cos%5D%20Pippin%20Scarf
              7. mailto:LOTR_Costume@yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20%5BLR_Cos%5D%20Pippin%20Scarf
              8. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJlZmpzM2NkBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTM3ODAwMzQ5OA--
              9. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/message/61688;_ylc=X3oDMTM2N2x2bDRzBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBG1zZ0lkAzYxNjkyBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTM3ODAwMzQ5OAR0cGNJZAM2MTY4OA--
              10. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJmdjZwbmJjBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZtYnJzBHN0aW1lAzEzNzgwMDM0OTg-?o=6
              11. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/spnew;_ylc=X3oDMTJmMXF2Z2xqBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZwaG90BHN0aW1lAzEzNzgwMDM0OTg-
              12. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume;_ylc=X3oDMTJlYWpwcWc2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTM3ODAwMzQ5OA--
              13. http://groups.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTJkcWljNXRiBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxMzc4MDAzNDk4
              14. mailto:LOTR_Costume-traditional@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change%20Delivery%20Format:%20Traditional
              15. mailto:LOTR_Costume-digest@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email%20Delivery:%20Digest
              16. mailto:LOTR_Costume-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe
              17. http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              18. mailto:ygroupsnotifications@yahoogroups.com?subject=Feedback%20on%20the%20redesigned%20individual%20mail%20v1


              [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            • ladyofrohan
              Hello everyone!!
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 8, 2013
              • 0 Attachment
                <p>Hello everyone!!</p><p><br></p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;">Thank you so much for your replies :D</p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;"><br></p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;">I've finally started my Pippin scarf - I decided to go with the semielliptical pattern so thank you SO much for that link Judy!! :)</p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;"><br></p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;">The yarn I ended up choosing is Lion Brand Wool-Ease, the main grey color is 151 "Grey Heather" and the browns in the scarf  I chose was a variegate yarn, 232 "Wood".</p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;"><br></p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;">That site suggested Lion Brand Wool-Ease in one comment and while that person had suggested the Oxford Grey rather than Grey Heather, I found the Oxford Grey to be too dark and the variegated colors didn't show up well.</p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;"><br></p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;">I'm going to try to attach a picture though I'm not sure I'll do it right.</p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;"><br></p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;">The needles I'm using are US8 and I cast on 56 stitches, that gives 7 repetitions of the pattern across. I'm not sure I'm happy with the width at this point and if I make the scarf in the future (or start again before I get too much further along) I will probably cast on 64 or even 72 stitches (the stockinette curls inward so it takes away from the width).</p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;"><br></p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;">This is my first time ever doing fair isle knitting and it's hard but I found that I got used to it fairly quickly. Also I found that I was reading the charted pattern wrong and had to start again - apparently you start knitting on the bottom right hand side and read right to left then purl left to right. :)</p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;"><br></p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;">I hope that the tiny things I learned can maybe help someone and thank you everyone for the feeback :D</p> <div class="ygroups-quoted" style="display:block;"><br><br>--- In lotr_costume@yahoogroups.com, <sarahstrong13@...> wrote:<br><br><div>great, thanks, they are both really good sites!<br>
                <br>
                S<br>
                <br>
                <br>
                <br>
                <br>
                <br>
                ----- Original message -----<br>
                <br>
                From: Judy Mitchell <[1]<a rel="nofollow">judymitch@...</a>><br>
                <br>
                To: [2]<a rel="nofollow">LOTR_Costume@yahoogroups.com</a><br>
                <br>
                Subject: Re: [LR_Cos] Pippin Scarf<br>
                <br>
                Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 22:44:55 -0400<br>
                <br>
                <br>
                <br>
                <br>
                <br>
                Oops! yes, it was. sorry. I'll try this again. ;)<br>
                <br>
                This is the website with the most info, and the link to someone with<br>
                hotlinks for more pics.<br>
                [3]<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://semielliptical.livejournal.com/75746.html">http://semielliptical.livejournal.com/75746.html</a><br>
                <br>
                and this was the second one with a color chart for the herringbone<br>
                pattern (those who understand such things might compare them?)<br>
                [4]<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://fandom-knit.livejournal.com/15379.html">http://fandom-knit.livejournal.com/15379.html</a><br>
                <br>
                -Judy<br>
                <br>
                <blockquote><span class=""> On 08/31/2013 05:27 PM, Sarah Strong wrote:<br>
                > um, was that going to be two different links?<br>
                ><br>
                > S<br>
                ><br>
                <br>
                <br>
                <br>
                <br>
                <br>
                --<br>
                Sarah Strong<br>
                <a rel="nofollow">sarahstrong13@...</a><br>
                <br>
                References<br>
                <br>
                1. mailto:<a rel="nofollow">judymitch@...</a><br>
                2. mailto:<a rel="nofollow">LOTR_Costume@yahoogroups.com</a><br>
                3. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://semielliptical.livejournal.com/75746.html">http://semielliptical.livejournal.com/75746.html</a><br>
                4. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://fandom-knit.livejournal.com/15379.html">http://fandom-knit.livejournal.com/15379.html</a><br>
                5. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJxaWtsYWpjBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBG1zZ0lkAzYxNjkyBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDMTM3ODAwMzQ5OA--?act=reply&messageNum=61692">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJxaWtsYWpjBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBG1zZ0lkAzYxNjkyBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDMTM3ODAwMzQ5OA--?act=reply&messageNum=61692</a><br>
                6. mailto:<a rel="nofollow">judymitch@...</a>?subject=Re%3A%20%5BLR_Cos%5D%20Pippin%20Scarf<br>
                7. mailto:<a rel="nofollow">LOTR_Costume@yahoogroups.com</a>?subject=Re%3A%20%5BLR_Cos%5D%20Pippin%20Scarf<br>
                8. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJlZmpzM2NkBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTM3ODAwMzQ5OA--">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJlZmpzM2NkBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTM3ODAwMzQ5OA--</a><br>
                9. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/message/61688;_ylc=X3oDMTM2N2x2bDRzBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBG1zZ0lkAzYxNjkyBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTM3ODAwMzQ5OAR0cGNJZAM2MTY4OA--">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/message/61688;_ylc=X3oDMTM2N2x2bDRzBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBG1zZ0lkAzYxNjkyBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTM3ODAwMzQ5OAR0cGNJZAM2MTY4OA--</a><br>
                10. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJmdjZwbmJjBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZtYnJzBHN0aW1lAzEzNzgwMDM0OTg-?o=6">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJmdjZwbmJjBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZtYnJzBHN0aW1lAzEzNzgwMDM0OTg-?o=6</a><br>
                11. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/spnew;_ylc=X3oDMTJmMXF2Z2xqBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZwaG90BHN0aW1lAzEzNzgwMDM0OTg-">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/spnew;_ylc=X3oDMTJmMXF2Z2xqBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZwaG90BHN0aW1lAzEzNzgwMDM0OTg-</a><br>
                12. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume;_ylc=X3oDMTJlYWpwcWc2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTM3ODAwMzQ5OA--">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume;_ylc=X3oDMTJlYWpwcWc2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTM3ODAwMzQ5OA--</a><br>
                13. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://groups.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTJkcWljNXRiBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxMzc4MDAzNDk4">http://groups.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTJkcWljNXRiBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxMzc4MDAzNDk4</a><br>
                14. mailto:<a rel="nofollow">LOTR_Costume-traditional@yahoogroups.com</a>?subject=Change%20Delivery%20Format:%20Traditional<br>
                15. mailto:<a rel="nofollow">LOTR_Costume-digest@yahoogroups.com</a>?subject=Email%20Delivery:%20Digest<br>
                16. mailto:<a rel="nofollow">LOTR_Costume-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com</a>?subject=Unsubscribe<br>
                17. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/</a><br>
                18. mailto:<a rel="nofollow">ygroupsnotifications@yahoogroups.com</a>?subject=Feedback%20on%20the%20redesigned%20individual%20mail%20v1<br>
                <br>
                <br>
                [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] </span></blockquote></div>
                </div>



                [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
              • ladyofrohan
                Hello everyone!! (I m really sorry for my last message. It didn t look like that when I typed it out. I guess I must be an idiot because I can t figure out how
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 8, 2013
                • 0 Attachment

                   Hello everyone!!


                  (I'm really sorry for my last message. It didn't look like that when I typed it out. I guess I must be an idiot because I can't figure out how yahoo groups works. Anyway, I'm going to (hopefully) re-type it so it is coherent. My apologies!!!)


                  Thank you so much for your replies :D


                  I've finally started my Pippin scarf - I decided to go with the semielliptical pattern so thank you SO much for that link Judy!! :)


                  The yarn I ended up choosing is Lion Brand Wool-Ease, the main grey color is 151 "Grey Heather" and the browns in the scarf  I chose was a variegated yarn, 232 "Wood".


                  That site suggested Lion Brand Wool-Ease in one comment and while that person had suggested the Oxford Grey rather than Grey Heather, I found the Oxford Grey to be too dark and the variegated colors didn't show up well.

                  Here's a link to what I have so far. I hope it works alright.


                   http://postimg.org/image/yf91trms1/


                  The needles I'm using are US8 and I cast on 56 stitches, that gives 7 repetitions of the pattern across. I'm not sure I'm happy with the width at this point and if I make the scarf in the future (or start again before I get too much further along) I will probably cast on 64 or even 72 stitches (the stockinette curls inward so it takes away from the width).


                  This is my first time ever doing fair isle knitting and it's hard but I found that I got used to it fairly quickly. Also I found that I was reading the charted pattern wrong and had to start again - apparently you start knitting on the bottom right hand side and read right to left then purl left to right. :)I hope that the tiny things I learned can maybe help someone and thank you everyone for the feedback :D




                  --- In lotr_costume@yahoogroups.com, <ladyofrohan@...> wrote:

                  <p>Hello everyone!!</p><p><br></p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;">Thank you so much for your replies :D</p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;"><br></p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;">I've finally started my Pippin scarf - I decided to go with the semielliptical pattern so thank you SO much for that link Judy!! :)</p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;"><br></p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;">The yarn I ended up choosing is Lion Brand Wool-Ease, the main grey color is 151 "Grey Heather" and the browns in the scarf  I chose was a variegate yarn, 232 "Wood".</p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;"><br></p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;">That site suggested Lion Brand Wool-Ease in one comment and while that person had suggested the Oxford Grey rather than Grey Heather, I found the Oxford Grey to be too dark and the variegated colors didn't show up well.</p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;"><br></p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;">I'm going to try to attach a picture though I'm not sure I'll do it right.</p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;"><br></p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;">The needles I'm using are US8 and I cast on 56 stitches, that gives 7 repetitions of the pattern across. I'm not sure I'm happy with the width at this point and if I make the scarf in the future (or start again before I get too much further along) I will probably cast on 64 or even 72 stitches (the stockinette curls inward so it takes away from the width).</p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;"><br></p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;">This is my first time ever doing fair isle knitting and it's hard but I found that I got used to it fairly quickly. Also I found that I was reading the charted pattern wrong and had to start again - apparently you start knitting on the bottom right hand side and read right to left then purl left to right. :)</p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;"><br></p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;">I hope that the tiny things I learned can maybe help someone and thank you everyone for the feeback :D</p> <div class="ygroups-quoted" style="display:block;"><br><br>--- In lotr_costume@yahoogroups.com, <sarahstrong13@...> wrote:<br><br><div>great, thanks, they are both really good sites!<br>
                  <br>
                  S<br>
                  <br>
                  <br>
                  <br>
                  <br>
                  <br>
                  ----- Original message -----<br>
                  <br>
                  From: Judy Mitchell <[1]<a rel="nofollow">judymitch@...</a>><br>
                  <br>
                  To: [2]<a rel="nofollow">LOTR_Costume@yahoogroups.com</a><br>
                  <br>
                  Subject: Re: [LR_Cos] Pippin Scarf<br>
                  <br>
                  Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 22:44:55 -0400<br>
                  <br>
                  <br>
                  <br>
                  <br>
                  <br>
                  Oops! yes, it was. sorry. I'll try this again. ;)<br>
                  <br>
                  This is the website with the most info, and the link to someone with<br>
                  hotlinks for more pics.<br>
                  [3]<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://semielliptical.livejournal.com/75746.html">http://semielliptical.livejournal.com/75746.html</a><br>
                  <br>
                  and this was the second one with a color chart for the herringbone<br>
                  pattern (those who understand such things might compare them?)<br>
                  [4]<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://fandom-knit.livejournal.com/15379.html">http://fandom-knit.livejournal.com/15379.html</a><br>
                  <br>
                  -Judy<br>
                  <br>
                  <blockquote><span class=""> On 08/31/2013 05:27 PM, Sarah Strong wrote:<br>
                  > um, was that going to be two different links?<br>
                  ><br>
                  > S<br>
                  ><br>
                  <br>
                  <br>
                  <br>
                  <br>
                  <br>
                  --<br>
                  Sarah Strong<br>
                  <a rel="nofollow">sarahstrong13@...</a><br>
                  <br>
                  References<br>
                  <br>
                  1. mailto:<a rel="nofollow">judymitch@...</a><br>
                  2. mailto:<a rel="nofollow">LOTR_Costume@yahoogroups.com</a><br>
                  3. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://semielliptical.livejournal.com/75746.html">http://semielliptical.livejournal.com/75746.html</a><br>
                  4. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://fandom-knit.livejournal.com/15379.html">http://fandom-knit.livejournal.com/15379.html</a><br>
                  5. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJxaWtsYWpjBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBG1zZ0lkAzYxNjkyBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDMTM3ODAwMzQ5OA--?act=reply&messageNum=61692">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJxaWtsYWpjBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBG1zZ0lkAzYxNjkyBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDMTM3ODAwMzQ5OA--?act=reply&messageNum=61692</a><br>
                  6. mailto:<a rel="nofollow">judymitch@...</a>?subject=Re%3A%20%5BLR_Cos%5D%20Pippin%20Scarf<br>
                  7. mailto:<a rel="nofollow">LOTR_Costume@yahoogroups.com</a>?subject=Re%3A%20%5BLR_Cos%5D%20Pippin%20Scarf<br>
                  8. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJlZmpzM2NkBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTM3ODAwMzQ5OA--">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJlZmpzM2NkBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTM3ODAwMzQ5OA--</a><br>
                  9. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/message/61688;_ylc=X3oDMTM2N2x2bDRzBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBG1zZ0lkAzYxNjkyBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTM3ODAwMzQ5OAR0cGNJZAM2MTY4OA--">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/message/61688;_ylc=X3oDMTM2N2x2bDRzBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBG1zZ0lkAzYxNjkyBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTM3ODAwMzQ5OAR0cGNJZAM2MTY4OA--</a><br>
                  10. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJmdjZwbmJjBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZtYnJzBHN0aW1lAzEzNzgwMDM0OTg-?o=6">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJmdjZwbmJjBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZtYnJzBHN0aW1lAzEzNzgwMDM0OTg-?o=6</a><br>
                  11. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/spnew;_ylc=X3oDMTJmMXF2Z2xqBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZwaG90BHN0aW1lAzEzNzgwMDM0OTg-">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/spnew;_ylc=X3oDMTJmMXF2Z2xqBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZwaG90BHN0aW1lAzEzNzgwMDM0OTg-</a><br>
                  12. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume;_ylc=X3oDMTJlYWpwcWc2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTM3ODAwMzQ5OA--">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume;_ylc=X3oDMTJlYWpwcWc2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTM3ODAwMzQ5OA--</a><br>
                  13. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://groups.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTJkcWljNXRiBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxMzc4MDAzNDk4">http://groups.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTJkcWljNXRiBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxMzc4MDAzNDk4</a><br>
                  14. mailto:<a rel="nofollow">LOTR_Costume-traditional@yahoogroups.com</a>?subject=Change%20Delivery%20Format:%20Traditional<br>
                  15. mailto:<a rel="nofollow">LOTR_Costume-digest@yahoogroups.com</a>?subject=Email%20Delivery:%20Digest<br>
                  16. mailto:<a rel="nofollow">LOTR_Costume-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com</a>?subject=Unsubscribe<br>
                  17. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/</a><br>
                  18. mailto:<a rel="nofollow">ygroupsnotifications@yahoogroups.com</a>?subject=Feedback%20on%20the%20redesigned%20individual%20mail%20v1<br>
                  <br>
                  <br>
                  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] </span></blockquote></div>
                  </div>



                  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                • Maria Padron
                  You do realize that yahoo has changed a lot of the groups formats.  Has anyone been following the change.  I for one do not like it. But they say that we
                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 8, 2013
                  • 0 Attachment
                    You do realize that yahoo has changed a lot of the groups formats.  Has anyone been following the change.  I for one do not like it. But they say that we have no voice or opinion on the change. They will do it regardless.  Has it been more difficult to do things on this site as of yet?  Just wondering.

                    Maria.

                     



                    TwahwahtsilyA (dwah wah Jeeleye) All of us are Family.

                    Ka?tshatstA (Ga-stat-stuh-sla) The strength of belief and vision as a people.

                    Oneida author unknown.



                    From: "ladyofrohan@..." <ladyofrohan@...>
                    To: LOTR_Costume@yahoogroups.com
                    Sent: Sunday, September 8, 2013 9:41 PM
                    Subject: [LR_Cos] RE: Pippin Scarf

                     

                    <p>Hello everyone!!</p><p><br></p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;">Thank you so much for your replies :D</p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;"><br></p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;">I've finally started my Pippin scarf - I decided to go with the semielliptical pattern so thank you SO much for that link Judy!! :)</p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;"><br></p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;">The yarn I ended up choosing is Lion Brand Wool-Ease, the main grey color is 151 "Grey Heather" and the browns in the scarf  I chose was a variegate yarn, 232 "Wood".</p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;"><br></p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;">That site suggested Lion Brand Wool-Ease in one comment and while that person had suggested the Oxford Grey rather than Grey Heather, I found the Oxford Grey to be too dark and the variegated colors didn't show up well.</p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;"><br></p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;">I'm going to try to attach a picture though I'm not sure I'll do it right.</p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;"><br></p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;">The needles I'm using are US8 and I cast on 56 stitches, that gives 7 repetitions of the pattern across. I'm not sure I'm happy with the width at this point and if I make the scarf in the future (or start again before I get too much further along) I will probably cast on 64 or even 72 stitches (the stockinette curls inward so it takes away from the width).</p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;"><br></p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;">This is my first time ever doing fair isle knitting and it's hard but I found that I got used to it fairly quickly. Also I found that I was reading the charted pattern wrong and had to start again - apparently you start knitting on the bottom right hand side and read right to left then purl left to right. :)</p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;"><br></p><p style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-style:normal;">I hope that the tiny things I learned can maybe help someone and thank you everyone for the feeback :D</p> <div class="ygroups-quoted" style="display:block;"><br><br>--- In lotr_costume@yahoogroups.com, <sarahstrong13@...> wrote:<br><br><div>great, thanks, they are both really good sites!<br>
                    <br>
                    S<br>
                    <br>
                    <br>
                    <br>
                    <br>
                    <br>
                    ----- Original message -----<br>
                    <br>
                    From: Judy Mitchell <[1]<a rel="nofollow">judymitch@...</a>><br>
                    <br>
                    To: [2]<a rel="nofollow">LOTR_Costume@yahoogroups.com</a><br>
                    <br>
                    Subject: Re: [LR_Cos] Pippin Scarf<br>
                    <br>
                    Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 22:44:55 -0400<br>
                    <br>
                    <br>
                    <br>
                    <br>
                    <br>
                    Oops! yes, it was. sorry. I'll try this again. ;)<br>
                    <br>
                    This is the website with the most info, and the link to someone with<br>
                    hotlinks for more pics.<br>
                    [3]<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://semielliptical.livejournal.com/75746.html">http://semielliptical.livejournal.com/75746.html</a><br>
                    <br>
                    and this was the second one with a color chart for the herringbone<br>
                    pattern (those who understand such things might compare them?)<br>
                    [4]<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://fandom-knit.livejournal.com/15379.html">http://fandom-knit.livejournal.com/15379.html</a><br>
                    <br>
                    -Judy<br>
                    <br>
                    <blockquote><span class=""> On 08/31/2013 05:27 PM, Sarah Strong wrote:<br>
                    > um, was that going to be two different links?<br>
                    ><br>
                    > S<br>
                    ><br>
                    <br>
                    <br>
                    <br>
                    <br>
                    <br>
                    --<br>
                    Sarah Strong<br>
                    <a rel="nofollow">sarahstrong13@...</a><br>
                    <br>
                    References<br>
                    <br>
                    1. mailto:<a rel="nofollow">judymitch@...</a><br>
                    2. mailto:<a rel="nofollow">LOTR_Costume@yahoogroups.com</a><br>
                    3. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://semielliptical.livejournal.com/75746.html">http://semielliptical.livejournal.com/75746.html</a><br>
                    4. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://fandom-knit.livejournal.com/15379.html">http://fandom-knit.livejournal.com/15379.html</a><br>
                    5. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJxaWtsYWpjBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBG1zZ0lkAzYxNjkyBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDMTM3ODAwMzQ5OA--?act=reply&messageNum=61692">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJxaWtsYWpjBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBG1zZ0lkAzYxNjkyBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDMTM3ODAwMzQ5OA--?act=reply&messageNum=61692</a><br>
                    6. mailto:<a rel="nofollow">judymitch@...</a>?subject=Re%3A%20%5BLR_Cos%5D%20Pippin%20Scarf<br>
                    7. mailto:<a rel="nofollow">LOTR_Costume@yahoogroups.com</a>?subject=Re%3A%20%5BLR_Cos%5D%20Pippin%20Scarf<br>
                    8. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJlZmpzM2NkBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTM3ODAwMzQ5OA--">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJlZmpzM2NkBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTM3ODAwMzQ5OA--</a><br>
                    9. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/message/61688;_ylc=X3oDMTM2N2x2bDRzBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBG1zZ0lkAzYxNjkyBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTM3ODAwMzQ5OAR0cGNJZAM2MTY4OA--">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/message/61688;_ylc=X3oDMTM2N2x2bDRzBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBG1zZ0lkAzYxNjkyBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTM3ODAwMzQ5OAR0cGNJZAM2MTY4OA--</a><br>
                    10. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJmdjZwbmJjBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZtYnJzBHN0aW1lAzEzNzgwMDM0OTg-?o=6">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJmdjZwbmJjBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZtYnJzBHN0aW1lAzEzNzgwMDM0OTg-?o=6</a><br>
                    11. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/spnew;_ylc=X3oDMTJmMXF2Z2xqBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZwaG90BHN0aW1lAzEzNzgwMDM0OTg-">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume/spnew;_ylc=X3oDMTJmMXF2Z2xqBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZwaG90BHN0aW1lAzEzNzgwMDM0OTg-</a><br>
                    12. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume;_ylc=X3oDMTJlYWpwcWc2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTM3ODAwMzQ5OA--">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTR_Costume;_ylc=X3oDMTJlYWpwcWc2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTM3ODAwMzQ5OA--</a><br>
                    13. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://groups.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTJkcWljNXRiBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxMzc4MDAzNDk4">http://groups.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTJkcWljNXRiBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ3NDE2ODAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjE4ODExBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxMzc4MDAzNDk4</a><br>
                    14. mailto:<a rel="nofollow">LOTR_Costume-traditional@yahoogroups.com</a>?subject=Change%20Delivery%20Format:%20Traditional<br>
                    15. mailto:<a rel="nofollow">LOTR_Costume-digest@yahoogroups.com</a>?subject=Email%20Delivery:%20Digest<br>
                    16. mailto:<a rel="nofollow">LOTR_Costume-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com</a>?subject=Unsubscribe<br>
                    17. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/</a><br>
                    18. mailto:<a rel="nofollow">ygroupsnotifications@yahoogroups.com</a>?subject=Feedback%20on%20the%20redesigned%20individual%20mail%20v1<br>
                    <br>
                    <br>
                    [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] </span></blockquote></div>
                    </div>

                    [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



                  • ladyofrohan
                    Hello Maria! This is actually my first time ever using Yahoo groups. I just typed a reply in the reply box and I honestly have no idea how my previous message
                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 8, 2013
                    • 0 Attachment

                       Hello Maria! 

                      This is actually my first time ever using Yahoo groups. I just typed a reply in the reply box and I honestly have no idea how my previous message turned out the way it did. I'm having grown up with computers, I consider myself to be very proficient with them. I am currently working on majoring in computer engineering, though posting and replying in yahoo groups is incredibly confusing for me. I do apologize again! :(


                    • Maria Padron
                      Well yahoo has decided to change alot of the format on the emails especially groups.  It is a little messed up right now and quite a few groups have left
                      Message 10 of 14 , Sep 8, 2013
                      • 0 Attachment
                        Well yahoo has decided to change alot of the format on the emails especially groups.  It is a little messed up right now and quite a few groups have left yahoo for google.  Some with groups with many members (in the thousands) Email is very slow not only for me but several other sites.  They changed some of the sites home page pics and many have sent complaints of the new system. So it is the reason I asked if anyone is having trouble with their sites.  Some people have said they can't access their files or are gone.

                        Maria.

                         



                        TwahwahtsilyA (dwah wah Jeeleye) All of us are Family.

                        Ka?tshatstA (Ga-stat-stuh-sla) The strength of belief and vision as a people.

                        Oneida author unknown.



                        From: "ladyofrohan@..." <ladyofrohan@...>
                        To: LOTR_Costume@yahoogroups.com
                        Sent: Sunday, September 8, 2013 10:06 PM
                        Subject: [LR_Cos] RE: Pippin Scarf

                         
                         Hello Maria! 
                        This is actually my first time ever using Yahoo groups. I just typed a reply in the reply box and I honestly have no idea how my previous message turned out the way it did. I'm having grown up with computers, I consider myself to be very proficient with them. I am currently working on majoring in computer engineering, though posting and replying in yahoo groups is incredibly confusing for me. I do apologize again! :(



                      • Cat Devereaux
                        ... especially groups. It is a little messed up right now Lot messed up. Looks like they just cut the cord and stuffed us all onto an early beta version that
                        Message 11 of 14 , Sep 8, 2013
                        • 0 Attachment
                          >> Well yahoo has decided to change alot of the format on the emails
                          especially groups. It is a little messed up right now

                          Lot messed up. Looks like they just cut the cord and stuffed us all
                          onto an early beta version that didn't have all the features and are
                          working on it as we use it. Sigh.

                          >> and quite a few groups have left yahoo for google.

                          We won't be leaving for google. Not with their real name policy. That's
                          not good for all kinds of fan stuff. And if my name is "real" enough
                          for the banks to let me buy a house using it, it's "real" enough for
                          me. Snort.

                          We have been using fb for pictures since that's where the old yahoo
                          groups are really lacking. But... fb sucks for searches, it sucks for
                          member moderation. I had been starting to play to see if I could get
                          the old version working better... but now I'm waiting for the bugs to
                          shake out a bit on the new version. As long as they can get it more
                          "visual", I think we can make use of it.

                          >> Some with groups with many members (in the thousands) Email is very
                          slow not only for me but several other sites.

                          They're upgrading in pieces. And yahoo sometimes have very anoying
                          lag. But... still find it better than fb.

                          >>They changed some of the sites home page pics

                          Actually it's a default pic (or pictures) that were non-offensive to get
                          mods attention to change their pics.

                          >> and many have sent complaints of the new system.

                          Yea, a lot of folks like the feature picture thing. Maybe they'll go
                          all the way to the fb style so there are two pics... one banner, which
                          is all there is in the new stuff so far, and one more 3x4 for featured pics.

                          >>So it is the reason I asked if anyone is having trouble with their
                          sites. Some people have said they can't access their files or are gone.

                          Some folks may still be seeing the old system only... so there's going
                          to be problems while they migrate. The thing is to just hang on right
                          now... and see what appears out of the shakedown dust cloud.

                          -Cat-
                        • Sacree Noir
                          One of the other lists I m on, that is also costume related, uses Flicker for sharing pics. They have a group account over there. Would that work for us? On
                          Message 12 of 14 , Sep 13, 2013
                          • 0 Attachment
                            One of the other lists I'm on, that is also costume related, uses Flicker for sharing pics. They have a group account over there. Would that work for us?


                            On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 10:07 PM, Cat Devereaux <CatDevereaux@...> wrote:
                             

                            >> Well yahoo has decided to change alot of the format on the emails
                            especially groups. It is a little messed up right now

                            Lot messed up. Looks like they just cut the cord and stuffed us all
                            onto an early beta version that didn't have all the features and are
                            working on it as we use it. Sigh.

                            >> and quite a few groups have left yahoo for google.

                            We won't be leaving for google. Not with their real name policy. That's
                            not good for all kinds of fan stuff. And if my name is "real" enough
                            for the banks to let me buy a house using it, it's "real" enough for
                            me. Snort.

                            We have been using fb for pictures since that's where the old yahoo
                            groups are really lacking. But... fb sucks for searches, it sucks for
                            member moderation. I had been starting to play to see if I could get
                            the old version working better... but now I'm waiting for the bugs to
                            shake out a bit on the new version. As long as they can get it more
                            "visual", I think we can make use of it.

                            >> Some with groups with many members (in the thousands) Email is very
                            slow not only for me but several other sites.

                            They're upgrading in pieces. And yahoo sometimes have very anoying
                            lag. But... still find it better than fb.

                            >>They changed some of the sites home page pics

                            Actually it's a default pic (or pictures) that were non-offensive to get
                            mods attention to change their pics.

                            >> and many have sent complaints of the new system.

                            Yea, a lot of folks like the feature picture thing. Maybe they'll go
                            all the way to the fb style so there are two pics... one banner, which
                            is all there is in the new stuff so far, and one more 3x4 for featured pics.

                            >>So it is the reason I asked if anyone is having trouble with their
                            sites. Some people have said they can't access their files or are gone.

                            Some folks may still be seeing the old system only... so there's going
                            to be problems while they migrate. The thing is to just hang on right
                            now... and see what appears out of the shakedown dust cloud.

                            -Cat-




                            --
                            "All I wanted was to be loved for myself. If you loved me I should be gentle as a lamb; and you could do anything with me that you pleased."
                                 -Erik(Leroux)
                            What do you expect with Mr. Spock for a role model?
                          • Cat Devereaux
                            ... It doesn t. The photo groups are a much more primitive version of groups. I played around w/ it last year as I was working w/ images. I store some in a
                            Message 13 of 14 , Sep 13, 2013
                            • 0 Attachment
                              On 9/13/2013 12:53 PM, Sacree Noir wrote:
                              > One of the other lists I'm on, that is also costume related, uses
                              > Flicker for sharing pics. They have a group account over there. Would
                              > that work for us?
                              >
                              It doesn't. The photo groups are a much more primitive version of
                              groups. I played around w/ it last year as I was working w/ images. I
                              store some in a group ... but couldn't get it to work even for a small
                              study group.

                              I think this is a transitional phase w./ groups right now.... so am just
                              holding off any decisions.

                              -Cat-
                            Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.