New Blog and FB Page worth checking out

  • Jehanni
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 8 8:07 AM
      Hi, all.
      Andrea Schewe designs costumes and home dec projects for Simplicity, and she's got a new blog and facebook page up that I found very promising.

      https://www.facebook.com/AndreaScheweDesign?ref=ts&fref=ts

      www.andreaschewedesign.com

      I met her in person several years ago when she did some workshops about pattern design and fitting at CostumeCon, and have found her to be very knowledgeable and friendly. If you want to know how a designer researches period, media-inspired, and fantasy costumes; hear about new designs coming out through Simplicity; and tell her what patterns you'd LIKE to see in the future, check her sites out!

      Jonatha
    • Patty P
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 8 2:31 PM
        Thanks for this. Very inspiring! I see she writes tutorials and posts them on her FB page too. I like that she makes herself accessible and is open to suggestions.

        Patty P

        >________________________________

      • Cat Devereaux
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 8 3:50 PM
          >> Andrea Schewe designs costumes and home dec projects for Simplicity,
          and she's got a new blog and facebook page up that I found very promising.
          >> https://www.facebook.com/AndreaScheweDesign?ref=ts&fref=ts
          >> www.andreaschewedesign.com

          And if the name sounds even more familiar... she's the pattern designer
          at Simplicity that has brought us the LOTR patterns we so love and
          use... a lot.

          -Cat-