New to group

  • girlspurplegreen
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 18, 2013
      Hi everyone - I'm new to the group!

      I came across it about a month ago after doing online searches for costume ideas for 2 of my teenagers for a LOTR movie night and found this group via alleycatscratch. I did an ultra quick knock up of Arwen's dream dress and a Nazgul - both the afternoon of the event thanks to that wonderful website! (Nazgul won first place and freaked everybody out!)

      I love getting the messages from this group - and hope to be able to contribute in some way some day - but my sewing knowledge is pretty much self taught - my 3 girls are dancers and so I have to run up 20+ costumes a year as well as draft patterns for the group etc. So my skills are slowly increasing.

      And in case it's of interest for anyone keeping a count of where people in the group are from - I'm from Adelaide, South Australia :)
    • Sacree Noir
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 19, 2013
        Self taught doesn't mean you don't have anything to contribute. It just
        means that you haven't been told by some professional: "You can't do that"

        Any chance you could post pictures?

        --
        "All I wanted was to be loved for myself. If you loved me I should be
        gentle as a lamb; and you could do anything with me that you pleased."

      • john Carlson
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 19, 2013
          Well said Sacree. Sounds like girlspurplegreen, has a wealth of experience already with her dancers. Everyone starts out as a beginner, and experts are only beginners who keep trying. Fair play to Anyone making & creating. John

          Sent from my iPhone

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 20, 2013
            Thanks Sacree and John for your welcome! I will try to post a couple photos for you!