Re: Yarn in the Hobbit

  • adurham52
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 5, 2013
      It's an undulating twill in shadow weave. I think they used a 16 harness loom, but you can come close with a 4 harness. It's tricky--the warp alternates a light and dark thread, and so does the weft (so you use two shuttles alternatively). It takes something like 52 passes of the shuttle to complete one pattern repeat. The husband was warned to keep away from me and my loom while I was doing it.

      The pattern is in some back issues of "Handwoven" magazine--I could look them up if anyone is really interested.

      --Ann in Florida

      --- In LOTR_Costume@yahoogroups.com, Daniel Sanders wrote:

      > > <<<i
      > > Without hesitation. Who should I tell that to? :D>>>,
      > >
      > As long as it includes the weave pattern for the fellowship/lothlorien fabric!

      </i>