Fwd: Trims for Eowyn's green dress

  • da Cat
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2013
      Sharing some info on trim from one of our fans.... -Cat-

      Hi. I contacted you before about Eowyn's green dress. I wanted to
      thank you for all your help on that.

      But I also wanted to mention, I went to NYC on Monday to buy the extra
      velvet I needed, and to go to MJ Trim to get the trims for the neckline
      of the dress that you have listed on your site.

      After an hour of confused workers unable to find either trim, they
      finally had the woman who is in charge of all orders come and help me.
      The trims in the gold color had been sold last week to the Metropolitan
      Opera(oh my God, I hate the Met now). The bought all the rolls of both
      gold trims. We looked everywhere for similar trims- first me with the
      other workers, then me with the woman in charge that I mentioned. There
      is nothing similar- and while I was looking the second time around, the
      woman told me that really there is nothing similar. That trim style as
      unique to the company that made it. Problem is...they went out of
      business late last year.
      That company produced both trims for the green dress that you had listed
      on your site. She told me that MJ will for sure not be getting any more
      of the trim in. And she doesn't think they will get anything similar
      from any other suppliers.
      I was lucky. The Met bought all of both the gold trims, but there was
      still some left in a silver color. I'm going to spray paint the trims
      in an antique gold.
      I only bought half a yard of each. There is still about half a roll
      left of each trim. But that's it, once its gone, there is nothing similar.

      I just wanted to give you the head's up, in case you want to buy the
      remainder of the trims, or in case you want to list on your site that
      the trims are going fast and there will be no more, so if someone is
      considering the dress they might want to scoop those up right now.

      And thank you for posting the trims and the item numbers on your site.
      It was a big help, and I probably would have never found the silver ones
      if it wasn't for you.

      ~Kristen