Re: On to my next complicated project,

  • Sandra
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2011
      --- In LOTR_Costume@yahoogroups.com, "Lunna" <domnuskywalker@...> wrote:

      > Just added some pics for Awrens butterfly crown. I'll keep you posted. There is going to be allot of profanity and bandaid use in the one.

      What materials are you using for this? It looks like you've got a nice start to it.

      - Sandra (Beadstorm)
      (Erulisse - one L)
    • Lunna
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2011
        Im using a very thin sintra. The only thing that is a pain is if you make the lines too thing it cracks and you have to start over. The wire is a bit of a pain too. All the tutorials the wire is too small of a gage and you cant see the details like you can in the original crown. Im going to use a larger gage and also steal wire instead of aluminum or silver, they are both too soft and will bend at the slightest bump.

        Im going to use a light layer of polymer clay for the side wing that looks to be a litte rounded so the detail pops from the side view.

        Its going to take me time. Ive never done jewelry really until I started the Lord of the rings costumes.

        wish me luck.

        --- In LOTR_Costume@yahoogroups.com, "Sandra" <BeadStorm@...> wrote:

        > --- In LOTR_Costume@yahoogroups.com, "Lunna" <domnuskywalker@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Just added some pics for Awrens butterfly crown. I'll keep you posted. There is going to be allot of profanity and bandaid use in the one.
        > >

        > What materials are you using for this? It looks like you've got a nice start to it.
        >
        > - Sandra (Beadstorm)
        > (Erulisse - one L)

      • ioreth1
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 6, 2011
          This is exactly what I WISH I could do, but cant (re: won't)...awesome stuff....

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 6, 2011
            I will post this as a tutorial and give you the play by play to do it.

            hugs.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 16, 2011
              You might.:) I doing step by step photos. Im going to list materials too. It really isn't hard once you get past the fear of all the wire.
              I've got every pic I could find and just kept studying them every day. I even put Arwen as my desk top so I would see it every day.
              I've never made jewelry before. I have all the immages memorized so now I can I just do it.
              :)