home page

  • Judy Mitchell
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 15, 2011
      wow! did I stump everyone with this pic? or did no one ever go check it
      out? I'll leave it up for a little more today just in case....

      -Judy
    • Alyson
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 15, 2011
        Frog/fastener of Elrond's cloak?
        Cemper

        One cannot silly-walk into Mordor.

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 15, 2011
          not exactly a cloak since it has sleeves and a bit of a rolled collar..
          but yes! it is one of Elrond's outfits. It's a closeup showing the
          frogs/tie holding his TT drape on. These pieces (with the lovely brocade
          beneath) form his main TT outfit.

          -Judy

          On 02/15/2011 10:34 AM, Alyson wrote:
          > Frog/fastener of Elrond's cloak?
          > Cemper
        • LINDA DUNLAP
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 15, 2011
            One of Elronds robes?

            On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 7:03 AM, Judy Mitchell <judymitch@...>wrote:

            > wow! did I stump everyone with this pic? or did no one ever go check it
            > out? I'll leave it up for a little more today just in case....
            >
            > -Judy

          • Mickey Flint
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 15, 2011
              --- In LOTR_Costume@yahoogroups.com, Judy Mitchell <judymitch@...> wrote:

              > wow! did I stump everyone with this pic? or did no one ever go check it
              > out? I'll leave it up for a little more today just in case....
              >
              > -Judy

              I would guess Legolas's White Council Robe
            • Cat Devereaux
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 15, 2011
                Don't go by the color, that's one of the exhibit pictures that was
                pulled up from total black, and taken from inside a purse. That was the
                best I could do. Must go by shape.

                -Cat-
              • live2bead
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 17, 2011
                  Well, it's Elvish, but past that I have no clue.

                  - Erulisse (one L)

                  --- In LOTR_Costume@yahoogroups.com, Judy Mitchell <judymitch@...> wrote:

                  > wow! did I stump everyone with this pic? or did no one ever go check it
                  > out? I'll leave it up for a little more today just in case....
                  >
                  > -Judy

                • Cat Devereaux
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 17, 2011
                    It took me almost 5 minutes... Judy picked a good one this month

                    -c-
                  • rick cottontree
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 17, 2011
                      --- In LOTR_Costume@yahoogroups.com, Cat Devereaux <CatDevereaux@...> wrote:

                      > It took me almost 5 minutes... Judy picked a good one this month
                      >
                      > -c-

                      it looks rohan
                    • Judy Mitchell
                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 17, 2011
                        well, actually it's not Elvish! Anyone? I thought this might be a
                        stumper. This is how it looks in person, not how it looks on screen. the
                        color tweaking radically changed it, washing all the nice color out.

                        start by looking at the fiber and seams, and think what race would use
                        those. Elves are all silk & velvets.

                        -Judy

                        On 02/17/2011 06:08 AM, live2bead wrote:

                        > Well, it's Elvish, but past that I have no clue.
                        >
                        > - Erulisse (one L)
                      • Judy Mitchell
                        Message 11 of 12 , Feb 17, 2011
                          Yeah! we have a winner!! yes, it is indeed Rohirric. You can find this
                          and other clips from the ROM exhibit in 2002 at
                          <http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/Human/Rohan/Civilians.htm> . this
                          is the yoke form the civilian woman's outfit. Notice the once fine
                          knotwork detailing, but the cotton is turning worn and ragged as their
                          society declined. Not much in blue is ever really seen in the movie,
                          mostly shades of dull brown.

                          -Judy

                          On 02/17/2011 08:23 AM, rick cottontree wrote:
                          > it looks rohan
                        • yocepha
                          Message 12 of 12 , Feb 17, 2011
                            Oh, shoot - I wish I'd seen this one first! Why? Because I made a Rohan Refugee costume based on this very photo - and yes, the overdress is BLUUUUUUUUUUE! Oh, well, I can always say my character had done some fabric shopping in Minis Tirith, right? ;-)

                            yocepha/Jo Lynne