RE: Wonderflex mask

  • Julie
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2011
      I know there has been a lot of interest in wonderflex lately, tonite I played around a bit seeing if it might work as a base for the warg rider mask, two sample pics in Jules album. I used a water mister with a heat gun on low, silicone pads underneath and a fire glove. I also found I could manipulate the edges better using an old straightening iron as well as smooth the seams better. I layered pieces with success, the mask was hard yet some bend to it. I'm going to put a thin layer of clay on it to see how that works out, I plan to make a few more, probably one with a leather covering as well.
    • Cat Devereaux
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2011
        On 1/2/2011 7:33 PM, Julie wrote:
        > smooth the seams better
        You can sand it when it's cool also. Just need to hold it so you don't
        stress the flex areas.

        -Cat-
      • osgilian
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2011
          Looks good, Jules. How does it compare with the eminently-bendable rawhide?

          --- In LOTR_Costume@yahoogroups.com, "Julie" <jules_epd@...> wrote:

          > I know there has been a lot of interest in wonderflex lately, tonite I played around a bit seeing if it might work as a base for the warg rider mask, two sample pics in Jules album. I used a water mister with a heat gun on low, silicone pads underneath and a fire glove. I also found I could manipulate the edges better using an old straightening iron as well as smooth the seams better. I layered pieces with success, the mask was hard yet some bend to it. I'm going to put a thin layer of clay on it to see how that works out, I plan to make a few more, probably one with a leather covering as well.

        • Jules
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 4, 2011
            Will have to see, I've wanted to play with it, now I have time, I'm
            thinking that rawhide will be better for the mask-it looks like bone to
            me, but the horns would be great made of wonderflex, hardly any weight
            and it' s easier to manipulate
            --
            Jules