Getting Back to My Roots - An Eowyn Refugee Costume

  • dianne_the_geek
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 10, 2010
      It's been a long time since I lurked around here, but this year I finally got back to my roots of costuming and went for a LOTR costume that's long been on my to-do list: Eowyn's Refugee Costume. I finished it just in time to premier at Dragon*Con this year.

      Pics and details over at my website: http://diannethegeek.com/eowynrefugee.html
    • mellymel_hsv
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 10, 2010
        Nicely done! I like that you did all the embroidery. A lot of people just
        leave it off.

        Cheers,
        Mel

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 10, 2010
          On 9/10/2010 12:26 PM, dianne_the_geek wrote:
          > Pics and details over at my website:
          > http://diannethegeek.com/eowynrefugee.html
          Ohhhhhhh, totally fab work and lots of research. Bookmarked!!!!

          -Cat-
        • Kim Gibson
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 10, 2010
            Wow!  Great job!  I love the stitching too.  I've never been to Dragoncon, were
            there lots of LOTR costumes?
             Warmly,
            Kim2

            http://www.threadtales.blogspot.com/
            kgibson1228@....

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 11, 2010
              WOW! you went all out with the underdress very nice!

              I find this style of gown very comfy to wear, it's the perfect hiking dress if you live in Rohan.

              Faye
              www.simbelmyne.us

              --- In LOTR_Costume@yahoogroups.com, "dianne_the_geek" <dianne_the_geek@...> wrote:

              > It's been a long time since I lurked around here, but this year I finally got back to my roots of costuming and went for a LOTR costume that's long been on my to-do list: Eowyn's Refugee Costume. I finished it just in time to premier at Dragon*Con this year.
              >
              > Pics and details over at my website: http://diannethegeek.com/eowynrefugee.html

            • Mirimaran
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 11, 2010
                Very cool and outstanding job! I just used some of that leather lace on a shirt I am making as well. Great stuff!

                Mirimaran