New Home picture

  • theevenstar57
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 2, 2010
      I dropped by to see any 'new' developments - noticed the new home picture. I 'searched' Alley Cat till I found it (I'm shameless!) - it is Gil Galad's robe.... I can't say as I've ever been able to pick out Gil Galad from the 'prolog' of the LOTR movies... but I am again amazed at the detail that went into even the minor character's robes, armor and jewelry!
    • Judy Mitchell
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 3, 2010
        LOL! so I stumped you! <G> yep, it's the bottom corner of Gil-Galad's
        outfit. He was only shown in the prologue and was very messy, hard to
        see a lot of his outfit. yep, the detail really is amazing.

        -Judy

        theevenstar57 wrote:
        > I dropped by to see any 'new' developments - noticed the new home picture. I 'searched' Alley Cat till I found it (I'm shameless!) - it is Gil Galad's robe.... I can't say as I've ever been able to pick out Gil Galad from the 'prolog' of the LOTR movies... but I am again amazed at the detail that went into even the minor character's robes, armor and jewelry!

      • kerrykait2003
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 3, 2010
          It's Gil-Galads cloak :)

          I can't miss that one as I spent hours trying to recreate that embroidery pattern when I made Gil-Galads outfit. (Pix of my costume are in the Photos section)

          Kate (kerrykait) :)
        • theevenstar57
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 31, 2011
            Eowyn's white gown - from Edoras?
          • Judy Mitchell
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 3, 2011
              yes, it was. Sorry, I was unable to change it on the first (April
              Fools??) as I have had no internet all week.

              It is now changed! So.... who/what is this??

              -Judy

              On 03/31/2011 04:40 PM, theevenstar57 wrote:
              > Eowyn's white gown - from Edoras?

            • mellymel_hsv
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 3, 2011
                I'm going to say Saruman because it looks like the epitome of faded glory & fits his color profile.

                Mel

                Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

              • April
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 3, 2011
                  My guess is the sleeves of Celeborn's robes, as I've recently been looking at those photos online.

                  --- In LOTR_Costume@yahoogroups.com, Judy Mitchell <judymitch@...> wrote:

                  > yes, it was. Sorry, I was unable to change it on the first (April
                  > Fools??) as I have had no internet all week.
                  >
                  > It is now changed! So.... who/what is this??
                  >
                  > -Judy
                  >
                  > On 03/31/2011 04:40 PM, theevenstar57 wrote:
                  > > Eowyn's white gown - from Edoras?

                • danmarsanders
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 3, 2011
                    That is the turned back funnel sleeves cuff from Saruman the White's robes.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 3, 2011
                      Mel & Daniel are correct: it is Saruman's cuff. Well done!

                      -Judy

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 31, 2011
                        Arwen's mourning gown...!