New Home Page Picture

  • Sandra Graves
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 4, 2009
      I don't know where the costume comes from, but I'm simply in love with the fabrics and colors and how they work together. Yummy!!

      Sandra Graves, Isis Rising
      IsisRising08 @ aol.com
      Artistic Endeavors with Wings of Light

      Blog at http://sandragravesisisrising.blogspot.com/

      Stormcloud Trading Co (Beadstorm)
      More than "Just" a Beadstore
      <http://www.beadstorm.com/>
      Saint Paul, Minnesota USA
      651-645-0343
    • mellymel_hsv
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 4, 2009
        That's Arwen's coronation gown sleeves. And it is just a gorgeous combination, I've always loved this gown.

        Mel

        > I don't know where the costume comes from, but I'm simply in love with the
        > fabrics and colors and how they work together. Yummy!!
      • darth_eagle
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 4, 2009
          It's Arwen Coronation Gown, part of the sleeves. ;)

          Fatimah

          "Sandra Graves" <BeadStorm@...> wrote:

          > I don't know where the costume comes from, but I'm simply in love with the fabrics and colors and how they work together. Yummy!!
        • Judy Mitchell
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 4, 2009
            Yup, it is Arwen's Coronation Gown. Lots of custom dyeing to get just
            this shade. And notice on the edges of the fabric: the fabric is not
            turned under or bound, just finished with a tiny zig-zag stitch!

            -Judy
          • faye
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 4, 2009
              --- In LOTR_Costume@yahoogroups.com, Judy Mitchell <judymitch@...> wrote:

              > Yup, it is Arwen's Coronation Gown. Lots of custom dyeing to get just
              > this shade. And notice on the edges of the fabric: the fabric is not
              > turned under or bound, just finished with a tiny zig-zag stitch!
              >
              > -Judy

              Once you have the pattern it is an easy gown to do, but....that color makes it very hard to miss and if you are of person of...size...you'll look like a melon. My daughter wanted the dress and so we purchased the fabric..then she didn't want it and I made it. I wore it once but I don't think I'd have the nerve to wear it again.

              I recommend that you double check the colors against your skin and then think 10X the impact.

              Faye
              simbelmyne.info
            • mellymel_hsv
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 5, 2009
                On the color, you could shift it either towards yellow or blue to complement your skin tone and still look like it's spot on. After all, color is half about relation to the other colors around it and they carefully formulated the color of the actual gown to Liv's skin tones.

                I love the color so much, I painted my living room by my swatch card. ;)

                Mel

                > Once you have the pattern it is an easy gown to do, but....that color makes it
                > very hard to miss and if you are of person of...size...you'll look like a
                > melon. My daughter wanted the dress and so we purchased the fabric..then she
                > didn't want it and I made it. I wore it once but I don't think I'd have the
                > nerve to wear it again.
                >
                > I recommend that you double check the colors against your skin and then think
                > 10X the impact.
                >
                > Faye
                > simbelmyne.info
              • Laure
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 5, 2009
                  Is the under sleeve crinkle chiffon?

                  --- In LOTR_Costume@yahoogroups.com, "Sandra Graves" <BeadStorm@...> wrote:

                  > I don't know where the costume comes from, but I'm simply in love with the fabrics and colors and how they work together. Yummy!!
                  >

                  > Sandra Graves, Isis Rising
                  > IsisRising08 @ aol.com
                  > Artistic Endeavors with Wings of Light
                  >
                  > Blog at http://sandragravesisisrising.blogspot.com/
                  >
                  > Stormcloud Trading Co (Beadstorm)
                  > More than "Just" a Beadstore
                  > <http://www.beadstorm.com/>
                  > Saint Paul, Minnesota USA
                  > 651-645-0343

                • mellymel_hsv
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 6, 2009
                    Actually, it's silk mousseline. It lacks the crepe texture of chiffon and has a more shimmery look. I just appears to glitter! It's dyed a pale yellow to compliment the green of the gown.

                    Mel