Re: Chicago / Midwest LOTR Costuming Club??

  • Mike Bollow
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2009
      It's too bad there aren't any costuming groups anymore! These movies are so tremendous... you'd think the fandom would last. :-(

      Mike
    • Laurie Hill
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2009
        I'm thinking there will be a 'resurgance' when the new movie "The Hobbit"  is nearing release - most likely once the 'insider' pics and info start hitting TORN.   There aren't any 'active' groups that I know of in my area either.  There are regular 'cons' (i.e. conventions) for those who like to 'cosplay' (dress up in costumes) - and I've even seen pictures from recent events of Ents and Ringwraiths....  So all is not lost.... while hope remains.....
         TheEvenStar57

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2009
          Thanks for the reply Laurie! I just found the link to the sister group, LOTR_Costume_Gather -- that should help.

          All the best!!

          Mike
        • Judy Mitchell
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1, 2009
            Mike Bollow wrote:
            > It's too bad there aren't any costuming groups anymore! These movies are so tremendous... you'd think the fandom would last. :-(

            membership in most groups in this country has been down for a number of
            years. The groups may not exist, but the fans are still fans - just not
            organized. Wait until the Hobbit ramps up, and we'll see what happens.
            -Judy