OT: weird machine problem

  • Maureen Campbell
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2008
      Hey folks,

      So I went to finally finish my Luthien dress, and the needle bar (the doohickey that holds the needle) fell off my sewing machine and I'm damned if I know how the heck to reattach it. Tightening the needle clamp only holds the needle in; the whole bar slides off regardless and there doesn't seem to be a way to stick it back on. The thread hook (the bent wire that holds the thread close to the needle) also popped out and won't stay when I try to put it back. Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix this thing, or is it time to take it to the sewing machine doctor? Thanks very much.

      M.

      ~ Twinkle, dammit! ~