New Picture

  • Barb
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 3 8:58 PM
      Its all dirty and raggedy like Aragorn - but its not. I don't think the spat legwarmers would
      be practical on a horse so I would guess Gondor. Too dirty for the city so maybe somebody
      out romping in the woods with Faramir? Unless its a evil minion and then I have no idea....
    • mellymel_hsv
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 4 5:04 AM
        Yep, one of the Gondorian rangers from the ROTK premier. This one is a little tougher to identify though since there are not really any motifs visible and the colors would possibly go for any Middle Earth race/culture. Like you said, you just have to look at the ragged nature of it and figure it's someone who spends a lot of time in the wild on foot.

        Mel

        --- On Sun, 8/3/08, Barb <farleybarb@...> wrote:

        > Its all dirty and raggedy like Aragorn - but its not. I
        > don't think the spat legwarmers would
        > be practical on a horse so I would guess Gondor. Too dirty
        > for the city so maybe somebody
        > out romping in the woods with Faramir? Unless its a
        > evil minion and then I have no idea....
      • Judy Mitchell
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 4 5:48 AM
          yup, you and Mellymel are correct: it's the lower leg/foot of an
          Ithilien Ranger on parade :D Very good analyzing.

          -Judy

          Barb wrote:
          > Its all dirty and raggedy like Aragorn - but its not. I don't think the spat legwarmers would
          > be practical on a horse so I would guess Gondor. Too dirty for the city so maybe somebody
          > out romping in the woods with Faramir? Unless its a evil minion and then I have no idea....
        • farleybarb
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 22, 2009
            The buttons at the top of Arwen's mourning gown? I don't remember the metalic edging by the red insert...
          • Judy Mitchell
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 22, 2009
              farleybarb wrote:
              > The buttons at the top of Arwen's mourning gown? I don't remember the metalic edging by the red insert...

              Yes! (whew! I didn't think anyone was going to notice I changed the
              pic). Isn't it amazing how, even now, we can still catch little details?
              Yep, there's a tiny bit of gold chain stitch outlining the dip of the V.
              and the insert doesn't exactly match the top of the trim, either.

              -Judy
            • Cat Devereaux
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 22, 2009
                >>The buttons at the top of Arwen's mourning gown? I don't remember the
                metallic edging by the red insert...

                It's does look weird close up. But look at it from the distance:
                http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/Elf/Arwen/Mourning/mg_full3_kayNM.jpg
                . It gives it a nice look. I think it's from this pic:
                http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/Elf/Arwen/Mourning/mg_neck1_kayNM.jpg

                The bit of gold does a few things... The gold edge finishes the "look",
                but it's also hiding a hand tucked seam. If you study the dress
                closely, you realize that the neck line was clipped and the red inserted
                to cover the opening. There would have been very little fabric or trim
                to turn under. Just a bit of trim helps make the whole thing work better.

                -Cat-
              • Kim Gibson
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 1, 2011
                  Ooh, ooh, I know it!  :)  Its Elrond!

                  Warmly,
                  Kim

                  http://www.threadtales.blogspot.com/
                  kgibson1228@....

                • Judy Mitchell
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 1, 2011
                    yes, it is- but.. which outfit/scene?
                    -Judy

                    On 09/01/2011 10:26 PM, Kim Gibson wrote:
                    > Ooh, ooh, I know it! :) Its Elrond!
                  • Kim Gibson
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 1, 2011
                      TTT, The There is Hope scene!

                      Warmly,
                      Kim

                      http://www.threadtales.blogspot.com/
                      kgibson1228@....

                      On 09/01/2011 10:26 PM, Kim Gibson wrote:
                      > Ooh, ooh, I know it! :) Its Elrond!

                    • Judy Mitchell
                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 2, 2011
                        yes, very good!