Re: [LR_Cos] Pattern for Bridge Dress

  • Cat Devereaux
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2008
      >>Is this the Bridge Dress?
      >> McCall's M5003
      http://img.sewingtoday.com/cat/40000/itm_img/M5003.jpg
      <http://img.sewingtoday.com/cat/40000/itm_img/M5003.jpg>

      Basically, it's McCalls "take" on the dress. The pattern came out after
      LOTR at the same time as a number of others that looked "kinda" like a
      few other dresses too.

      -Cat-
    • mellymel_hsv
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2008
        Not exactly. It's got an empire waist line and the Bridge Dress to my recollection doesn't have a waist seam at all. Not to mention the detailing on the bodice of the one with the bare shoulders, it's hard to tell just from the photo what all is going on there, but it might be harder to make that plain than it would be to find a pattern that's already got a plain bodice. Also, the Bridge dress has a deep scoop neckline with a tacked in place, very narrow cowl, instead of the spaghetti straps shown here. While it could theoretically be modified to make a Bridge dress, I think it would be easier to find a pattern without a waist seam and maybe even with a scoop neckline then add the sleeves you want and the cowl.

        A better pattern might be Simplicity 9891 view A:
        http://simplicity.com/assets/9891/9891.jpg
        It's got princess seams, but no waist seam. Also has the narrow cowl and the long flowing sleeves. All you'd have to do is detach the top half of the sleeve ease at the shoulders.

        Mel