Re: [LR_Cos] Re: News Announcement: New Line being rolled into Warner Brothers, kinda

  • Judy Mitchell
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2008
      darth_eagle wrote:
      > Hmmm....but the good news is we might still get The Hobbit movies
      > tho' later than initially said; in Christmas 2011 and 2012?

      As Cat said: until what we hear is from Warner Bros... it's really
      still speculation.

      > New Line will distribute domestically, while MGM has international
      > rights.
      not necessarily. Again, until we hear it from WB... remember it was
      said in the original letter that WB was going to stop the bit about
      other companies distributing internationally - because they already do
      that and they want the money. So... whether they honor the original deal
      or not with MGM distributing internationally, we don't know. They may
      renogiate. The Hobbit will get made, there's no doubt about that.

      > Guess more time to make quality costumes and armors for me and
      > friends?

      I've already been through the Hobbit and worked out all of the
      costuming/armor references (yes, even which Dwarf played which
      instrument!). I can post the pittance of armor info if you want it.

      BTW, one of the early things mentioned is the Dwarves and their 'best
      party hoods'. If you don't know how to make a hood that is not part of a
      cloak (and only Balin seemed to wear a hooded cloak), there are at least
      two commercial companies that have hood patterns. For the more authentic
      looking, there is a website with the diagram for the Boksten hood.

      -Judy
    • darth_eagle
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2008
        Hmmm....but the good news is we might still get The Hobbit movies
        tho' later than initially said; in Christmas 2011 and 2012?

        "The Hobbit" has Guillermo Del Toro in talks to direct, and the
        picture will be unaffected by the ouster of Shaye and Lynne.

        Though the films won't be scripted until a director is hired, and
        Jackson wraps "The Lovely Bones," the expectation is that the films
        will be ready for release for Christmas 2011 and 2012. Harry Potter
        will have wound down at WB by then, and the corporation will surely
        welcome another fantasy franchise that has an eager global audience
        waiting.

        New Line will distribute domestically, while MGM has international
        rights.

        Am keeping my fingers crossed now that they will still get done even
        tho' NLC had now been absorbed by WB (which ironically distribute
        and handle LOTR here in Singapore).

        Guess more time to make quality costumes and armors for me and
        friends?

        Fatimah