Re: [LR_Cos] Re: Arwen Narsil/Midnight forging cloak

  • Judy Mitchell
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2006
      Sarah wrote:
      > For the pile to be running in the same direction all around, there
      > have to be shoulder seams, either along the top of the shoulder, or
      > perhaps raglan style.

      And since, like Gladdy's Silverlode cloak, it's another ruana/foldover
      the shoulder cloak with open sides, it can't have a raglan edge. So...
      either there is seam across the shoulder that doesn't show up in the
      dark velvet enabling the nape to go in the same direction front and
      back, or the nap goes up one side and down the other. Pesonally, I'd
      choose a seam across the shoulders.

      Hannah wrote:
      > If
      > anyone has made a cloak similar to this could you please pleasehelp me
      > I may not be seeing something right or something but I am really confused.

      Julia made the SilverLode Cloak, which is very similar. you might look
      at her page on it to see what she did.
      <http://www.jedielfqueen.com/lotr/costumes/Galadriel/cloaks.htm>

      -Judy