Re: hope dress question

  • Marina
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2005
      Hi... I have a top with a similar neck to this dress. Basically, you
      do the neckline wide as you want it, the sew a wide rectangle round
      the neck edge. You sew it on inside out, so that when you fold it
      down, it's the right way. Then, I think, you gather the sides of the
      neck piece, and voila. OK, sorry about the fuzzy explanation.
      Marina

      --- In LOTR_Costume@yahoogroups.com, "Jess" <D_ScullySA@h...> wrote:
      > okay I'm finally getting to my fav gowns the hope dress as one of
      > them, so first question, any ideas how to do the cowle? or do I
      just
      > have to play? and with the sleeves, can georgette 8mm hold that
      much
      > beads, or should I line it with somthing like poly chiffon so it's
      > still sheer, but it's stablized etc and less scratchy on the arms?
      and