Re: [LR_Cos] FIDM

  • Judy Mitchell
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3, 2002
      Carolyn Kayta Barrows wrote:

      >>BTW, for those of us poor unfortunates who can't get to LA
      >>to see the exhibit,
      >>

      > For those of us marginally more fortunate, and who might be able to finagle
      > a trip there, what is FIDM, and where is it?

      It's the Fashion Institue for Design and Merchandising (or
      something like that!) and they apparently have this new big
      museum with exhibits from some 20 movies - LotR being one of
      them. From the sound of it, everything nominated for an
      oscar in costuming has something on exhibit - in addition to
      things like Titanic, Planet of the Apes and bunches of
      others. There are some 7 costumes from LotR there.
      -Judy
    • Carolyn Kayta Barrows
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3, 2002
        > > and where is it?
        >
        > It's the Fashion Institue for Design and Merchandising (or
        >something like that!) and they apparently have this new big
        >museum with exhibits from some 20 movies - LotR being one of
        >them. From the sound of it, everything nominated for an
        >oscar in costuming has something on exhibit - in addition to
        >things like Titanic, Planet of the Apes and bunches of
        >others. There are some 7 costumes from LotR there.

        And where is it?

        Kayta
        //// \\\
        ////-@@\\\
        (((( 7 )))
        ((( <> ))))
        ) ((((((
        /----\ /---\))
      • Cat Devereaux
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 3, 2002
          <<For those of us marginally more fortunate, and who might be able to
          finagle a trip there, what is FIDM, and where is it?>>

          http://www.alleycatscratch.com/newsflash/Events/FIDMAA02.htm gives the basic
          instructions and there's a link to the actual FIDM page that has a map.

          Let me know if you can come down. I've got a comfortable couch for crash
          space. I depending on when, I can play tour guild as well.

          -Cat-
        • Cat Devereaux
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 3, 2002
            > > and where is it?

            Center of the garment district in down town Los Angeles (9th and Grand)
            Real near the convention center.