Re: [LR_Cos] Hobbit Patterns

  • Judy Mitchell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2002
      > What patterns would you use to make the hobbit clothes?

      Hmmmm, well a skirt is pretty darn simple, I plan on making
      just a plain (2 panels for me!) gathered skirt using a hook
      and eye. Do you need a pattern for that? Just one or two
      (depending on your size) panels the whole width of the
      fabric, cut to length and add a waist band.
      One friend was wondering if Folkwear's Greek Vest was
      similar to the hobbit bodices? I don't have the pattern, so
      I have no clue. It certainly isn't the Bolivian Milkmaid
      vest!.

      For men, the pants looked like a colonial pant with a
      longer leg that wasn't gathered into a knee band. At least
      that way gives you the broad-fall front. I don't recall
      seeing what the back of the hobbit pants looked like, if
      they had the lacing that colonials have or not.

      -Judy Mitchell