61736Re: [LR_Cos] Arwen's Lavender, help fabric

  • Kathleen Munn
    Nov 15, 2013
      Hi!  I'm new to this group. The lavender bead dress is one of my favorites too! I have been researching fabrics and trims for several of Arwen's gowns that I plan to recreate for myself. The fabric that I think I've settled on for the lavender bead dress is a beautiful lavender organdy with a viney/leafy pattern,(http://www.efavormart.com/lavender-embriodered-fabric-bolt-5410-1-1-1.aspx) that I will place over a beautiful lavender satin from the same website, (http://www.efavormart.com/satin-fabric-54x10-yards-lavender-2.aspx ) There is also one called "Muchos besos" that might be good for the overlay,  it has a viney/flowery pattern, so I will buy that too and decide when I have them in my hands, although this one may be too dark for my liking.(http://www.efavormart.com/54-muchos-besos-purple.aspx ) Of course these fabrics aren't beaded, but I bought some beads on ebay for that purpose. As for the white capelet, the viney/leafy pattern comes in white as well here ( http://www.efavormart.com/ivory-embriodered-fabric-bolt-5410.aspx )
      This is going to be a winter project for me and will probably take a while as I plan to bead it all, which is a little bit unlike the original, but I think it will be beautiful.
      So that is what I've found. I hope these links help you. I'd be interested in seeing what you come up with for a finished project. Costuming is so much fun! Success to you!

      On Friday, November 15, 2013 3:09 AM, dany_1954 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      hello to everyone!
      I would like to create the costume Arwen's Lavender but I can not find a similar fabric for sale online.
      You know a site that sells fabrics that may be right for this costume?
      Thanks to all!

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic