61712Re: [LR_Cos] Taurel and her Outfits

  • Sacree Noir
    Oct 21, 2013
      A word to the wary, I don't know if I would trust the promotional pics. A lot of those are shot before the costumes are finalized or in bits and pieces mixed together. So we may never see Tauriel wearing exactly that in any of the movies. It might explain some of the discrepancies. I could be wrong, but that's the way we do it in the theatre.

      On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 3:40 AM, Daniel Sanders <daniel.marcus.sanders@...> wrote:

      I don't know if this helps, but there are currently two distinctly different costumes. They don't swap out bodices from what I can see. She could easily have more though. We won't know until the movie comes out and I'm studying Legolas and Thranduil and have limited info on her.

      One is lighter and more vibrant. It's what we see in most of the trailer and the bts shots. It had a lace up sleeveless bodice. To me, it sometimes looks to be all constructed of roughly woven fabric, sometimes like all in suede. Not sure on fabrication. This one has a cape or cloak of some sort.

      Second is the toy and promo image costume. It's darker with a leather corseted halter (according to the toy and the promo image on the toy it attaches at the back and waist but has no back). The dress is made of paneled crinkled leather or crinkled glazed fabric. There are mesh (possibly a stiff woven fabric, but really looks like athletic mesh to me) and leather vambraces that she wears (which you can see in the Legolas/ Tauriel movie poster.)

      I think both costumes are slit up the sides and front/back, not just the front and back.

      --
      "All I wanted was to be loved for myself. If you loved me I should be gentle as a lamb; and you could do anything with me that you pleased."
           -Erik(Leroux)