Interview with Thomas Harlan posted at bscreview

  • Thomas Harlan
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2009
      Good evening!
      Just a note to let you know that I was interviewed by Professor Crazy at
      BSCReview:

      http://www.bscreview.com/2009/10/on-the-spot-at-bsc-thomas-harlan-interview/

      <http://www.bscreview.com/2009/10/on-the-spot-at-bsc-thomas-harlan-interview/>about
      *Land of the Dead* and the *Time of the Sixth Sun* books. The site is also
      running a contest where you can win autographed copies of all three books in
      the series, but I can't find the link for that yet.

      Also, I really have to recommend three web-comics if you're not already
      reading them:

      Girl Genius: http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20021104
      Penny Arcade: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/1998/11/18/
      Odysseus the Rebel: http://www.bigheadpress.com/otr/

      Also, my buddy Mark Smylie has his comic book coming out again. Buy it!

      http://www.artesiaonline.com/

      -- Thomas

      --
      Thomas Harlan
      thomash@...

    • Ben Lynch
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 8, 2009
        "I had not known warcraft had undone so many."

        No campaigns coming, none going. With obvious exceptions. I should say - my favorite campaigns aren't really going. It's a bit like being a neanderthal in Gibraltar - out beyond that bit of land, the more fell bipeds swarm and we mutter songs of yesterday - or some such!

        Anyway, I do enjoy my PBEM fix with regularity through Struggle of Nations, which has a few openings, is simple, and provides a good bit of fun for the mind - with rapid turn over and care, little Siam can be a progressive powerhouse. With so few players, people are reluctant to bump each other off - for now. And the GM will be thrilled to give a free turn or two, I am sure, for a new player.

        More fun, maybe, would be the rebel positions, which pay nothing until they have "power" to do things in the world. And you can always ask for one to be made for you specifically - so if you don't want to be the Hungarian nationalists, you can always be in China or Japan, etc.

        Just scroll to the bottom of this link and peruse.

        If you like Lords, you'll like this. It's VERY SIMPLE to play. You get as much as you put into it....

        http://fantasynations.com/