ThroneWorld.com is offline

  • Thomas Harlan
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2009
      Bah!
      I believe that use of the ThroneWorld wiki has exceeded our CPU quota on the
      hosted server (which we share with dozens of other web-sites) enough times
      that my account on the server has been shut down.

      I can get that remedied on Monday morning, but until then ... no ThroneWorld
      resources will be available - either mail or web.

      Thanks,
      ---
      Thomas Harlan
      thomash@...

    • whsieh
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2009
        Any word on when the domain will be back?
        - Wilson

        --- In LOTE-L@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Harlan <thomash@...> wrote:

        > Bah!
        > I believe that use of the ThroneWorld wiki has exceeded our CPU
        quota on the
        > hosted server (which we share with dozens of other web-sites) enough
        times
        > that my account on the server has been shut down.
        >
        > I can get that remedied on Monday morning, but until then ... no
        ThroneWorld
        > resources will be available - either mail or web.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > ---
        > Thomas Harlan
        > thomash@...

      • Thomas Harlan
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2009
          Wilson,

          It looks like it will take one more day to remove the offending files from
          the server.

          We got suspended because one of the GM's (cough cough) used a folder on his
          web-site to store 33GB of music files.

          This tripped a Terms of Use alert with the hosting vendor, and we were
          automatically shut down. I talked to their Abuse Department yesterday
          morning; got email restored, and FTP access so I can go in and clean out.

          But instead of just deleting all of the files, I'm saving them off to my
          laptop since the GM in question is in the middle of moving. Once he's
          situated, we'll find a different way to transfer them.

          In any case, the web sites will be back up as soon as I finish the download
          and inform the Abuse Department.

          That should be tomorrow (Wednesday) morning.

          -- Thomas

          --- In LOTE-L@yahoogroups.com <mailto:LOTE-L%40yahoogroups.com> , Thomas