Latest Rulebooks Uploaded

  • martin.helsdon
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
      Latest V6 versions of the Basic and Modern rules uploaded to:

      http://lords.throneworld.com/players/loterule/rules.html

      These include significant clarifications to tracing the Command Control
      Radius for Open Nations, and the effective Control Web for Primacies,
      Religious Orders, Secret Empires and Merchant Houses.

      These have been driven by questions posed on the GM e-group.

      Note that the next rulebook upload will occur late in December. The wiki
      will be updated with changes as they arise.

    • martin.helsdon
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 24, 2007
        Latest V6 versions of the Basic and Modern rules uploaded to:

        http://lords.throneworld.com/players/loterule/rules.html

        Changes and clarifications include:

        . Monsoon Sea Zone Borders become ordinary Sea Zone Borders.
        . Wall Point Industrial Capacity cost removed.
        . New section on Bribery and Corruption added.
        . Regional Status Effects Summary expanded.

        Merry Christmas.
      • martin.helsdon
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 26, 2008
          Latest Basic and Modern Rules uploaded to:

          http://lords.throneworld.com/players/loterule/rules.html

          Clarifications to:

          * Project costs
          * National leader revolts.
          * HBZ
          * Light Cavalry in Steppe regions
          * Field Forts
          * Oases in rulebook tables
          * Amphibious Assault
          * Load/Unload Ships
          * React (to raids)
          * Attack to Liberate
          * Attack to Pacify
          * Maximum region status

          Change to Siege rating of optional Elephant Archers unit.
        • Mike
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 26, 2008
            Are there any plans for selling printed copies? Are the rules
            stabilizing any time soon to make that worth it? I would like to have
            a print copy for perusing, and if I was back in the states I would
            just print off a copy at Kinko's, but alas I am not. It seems like
            Lulu.com is a pretty cheap print on demand service. They quote $7.29
            for 138pages b&w.

            Any ideas?

            --Mike O.

            On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 9:41 PM, martin.helsdon <martin@...> wrote:

            > Latest Basic and Modern Rules uploaded to:
            >
            > http://lords.throneworld.com/players/loterule/rules.html
            >
            > Clarifications to:
            >
            > * Project costs
            > * National leader revolts.
            > * HBZ
            > * Light Cavalry in Steppe regions
            > * Field Forts
            > * Oases in rulebook tables
            > * Amphibious Assault
            > * Load/Unload Ships
            > * React (to raids)
            > * Attack to Liberate
            > * Attack to Pacify
            > * Maximum region status
            >
            > Change to Siege rating of optional Elephant Archers unit.

          • Martin Helsdon
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 27, 2008
              > Are there any plans for selling printed copies?

              Printed copies are not available at present from the 'Store'.

              > Are the rules
              > stabilizing any time soon to make that worth it?

              The rules change according to clarification and change requests from
              GMs and players. This is an ongoing process.
            • Thomas Harlan
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 27, 2008
                Hi all,

                I've been thinking about setting up the rulebooks to be printed
                on-demand by a service like CafePress.com (or Lulu.com - thanks Mike!)
                or createspace.com.

                Does anyone have any experience with these self-publishing systems? Any
                recommendations?

                Thanks, Thomas

              • Martin Helsdon
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 28, 2008
                  And the latest clarification, post PDF generation:

                  http://www.throneworld.com/wiki/index.php?
                  title=Basic_Rules_Leaders_and_Army_Actions#Reaction

                  Reaction is also used for a riverine patrol of (light) warships. The
                  patrol must be on React based at a port city or port region adjacent to
                  the river segment. The patrol cannot stop the enemy crossing the river
                  but can delay and possibly support defenders on land. A river patrol
                  does not protect a bridge.

                  -----------------

                  The next Basic and Modern Era PDFs will be produced in August or
                  September.
                • Thom Ryng
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 6, 2008
                    Hi Thomas!

                    I'm using Lulu for both the Cruenti Dei rulebooks and atlas with some
                    success.

                    http://www.lulu.com/content/1119152

                    http://www.lulu.com/content/1539860

                    The only possible item of caution - they take forever to ship to
                    Europe, and this despite having a branch in Britain.

                    cheers,

                    thom

                    http://sardarthion.com/cruentidei/
                  • Thomas Harlan