Re: Does anyone know...

  • jcody_lote
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2006
      This leads to a question I had in mind but never asked it -

      If somehow a lvl 2 port city is destroyed (for whatever reason) which
      has 40MSP in internal trade, and a nearby port city has 50 out of a
      possible 80 MSP filled - would the 40 MSP be treated as such - 30MSP
      is taken in by the nearby city to fill its dock capacity and 10MSP of
      ships are lost to either the bottom of the sea or to the looting army
      which destroyed the city (and/or GM discretion)?

      Not a likely scenario - but was interested...

      --- In LOTE-L@yahoogroups.com, "LORIN JANELLE BAKKE" <LORINBAKKE@...>
      wrote:

      > They compete for available port space when you reach max capacity
      that's the limit. At least in every game I have been in.

      > Lorin

    • Thomas Harlan
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2006
        jcody_lote wrote:

        > This leads to a question I had in mind but never asked it -
        >
        > If somehow a lvl 2 port city is destroyed (for whatever reason) which
        > has 40MSP in internal trade, and a nearby port city has 50 out of a
        > possible 80 MSP filled - would the 40 MSP be treated as such - 30MSP
        > is taken in by the nearby city to fill its dock capacity and 10MSP of
        > ships are lost to either the bottom of the sea or to the looting army
        > which destroyed the city (and/or GM discretion)?

        well, this depends on your GM, but *I* resuffle the MSP to nearby ports
        with free capacity, or if there aren't any, convert the MSP into HT and
        park them somewhere.

        -- Thomas
      • seattleda@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 2, 2006
          From: Thomas Harlan <thomash@...>
          > jcody_lote wrote:
          >
          > > This leads to a question I had in mind but never asked it -
          > >
          > > If somehow a lvl 2 port city is destroyed (for whatever reason) which
          > > has 40MSP in internal trade, and a nearby port city has 50 out of a
          > > possible 80 MSP filled - would the 40 MSP be treated as such - 30MSP
          > > is taken in by the nearby city to fill its dock capacity and 10MSP of
          > > ships are lost to either the bottom of the sea or to the looting army
          > > which destroyed the city (and/or GM discretion)?
          >
          > well, this depends on your GM, but *I* resuffle the MSP to nearby ports
          > with free capacity, or if there aren't any, convert the MSP into HT and
          > park them somewhere.
          >
          > -- Thomas

          I reshuffle the MSP to nearby ports, and if there aren't any, convert the left over MSP into Unused fleets. These fleets on U duty still take up troop and support and space, do nothing else, and require an IMA action to move.

          I think converting to HT, normally costs 4gp per 4msp. What if the only remaining port is on a river?

          Dave
        • Thomas Harlan
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 2, 2006
            Dave,

            > I think converting to HT, normally costs 4gp per 4msp. What if the
            > only remaining port is on a river?

            it does. I do it as a freebee. Sometimes they wind up in a coastal
            region... if there's just nowhere for them to go, then they go into the
            merc pool.

            --
            Thomas Harlan
            http://www.throneworld.com