LOTE 28 - Opening...

  • Matt Holy
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 2, 2005
      The Mameluke Sultanate (#2 MSI, #4 ESI) is currently without a player and
      needs a strong hand to guide her. Poised in Egypt, the Sultanate is a hair
      away from completing the Suez Canal to allow the world unfettered access
      to India and the Orient. Blessed with a powerful Persian ally, She watches
      with glee as the Christians rend yet another Schism out of the fabric of
      Catholicism while her own Sunni Caliphate continues to expand.

      Due to the prime real-estate this position represents, there will be a
      lottery held for the spot on Tuesday, September 6th. I urge any interested
      parties to send their names to me at: holyman@...

      LOTE 28 - The Age of Discovery
      http://www.throneworld.com/lords/lote28/Index.html

      --Matt
    • Matt Holy
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 16, 2006
        Lote: Deus Vult! Currently has seven remaining openings after the
        completion of the initial lottery last evening. Deus Vult! is a Free-Start
        game, and players are allowed to choose five customization bonuses to
        augment their positions as they see fit.

        Rank : Name : MSI : ESI
        12 : Kingdom of Croatia : 41.6 : 17

        Croatia is poised on the Mediterranean, between the great Byzantine Empire
        and the Catholics of Europe. Land trade with the Romans and sea access to
        the Mediterranean make this position a strong trading one. With their
        proximity to the Holy Land, they are in a prime spot to support the
        gathering Crusades if they so choose.

        17 : Duchy of Bavaria : 39.6 : 30
        30 : Duchy of Swabia : 36.6 : 22

        Two Duchies in the heart of the Holy Roman Empire. Both positions enjoy a
        strong centralized location in Europe, with plenty of neighbors to strike
        alliances with or take advantage of.

        31 : Duchy of Normandy : 36.6 : 15

        The third wheel in the classic English-French dichotomy, Normandy is ready
        to ally with either kingdom, or to strike out and make a glory of her
        own, perhaps looking to the pagans of Ireland to expand into.

        33 : Kingdom of Hungary : 35.6 : 33

        Much like Croatia, Hungary is close to the action between the Byzantines
        and Muslim nations. Without direct access to the Mediterranean, trade
        prospects are more limited than Croatia, but the regions are also more
        defensible. Pagans to the North make easy targets for possible expansion.

        35 : Kingdom of Sweden : 32.6 : 31

        Far away from the direct grounds of the Crusader conflict, Sweden
        nevertheless plays an important role in the Popular Crusade of Walter the
        Penniless. At home, much virgin and pagan territory exists to expand into,
        while trade partners abound in the rich Baltic Seas.

        38 : The Popular Crusade : 26.6 : 37

        The man who started it all, Walter The Penniless, leads a group of poor
        and unlanded Knights in search of the Holy Land. As a Secret Order, the
        Popular Crusade is dedicated to the destruction of Muslim enemies. They
        concentrate their Order in the Scandinavian North, preaching their cause
        to those who will listen.

        Interested parties should paypal a $5.00 payment to deusvultgm@... -
        include your nation pick along with your payment. Positions will be filled
        on a fist-pay basis.

        Web Site:
        http://www.throneworld.com/lords/lote28/Deus/index.htm
      • Matt Holy
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 6, 2007
          Deus Vult! has two active positions Open for Play:

          Rank : Position : MSI : ESI
          25 : Duchy of Bavaria : 50.0 : 29
          28 : Duchy of Lorraine : 48.8 : 36

          Both positions in the Holy Roman Empire, Bavaria has been steadily
          expanding and building the whole game thus far. Lorraine has angered a few
          neighbors with Her aggressive militaristic style, but so far has yet to
          lose a battle on home turf, and just rebuffed a large enemy army.

          In addition to the above, we have four players on the waiting list for
          Persia/Central Asia. We just need one more to open that section up for
          play. These positions will start off using the Free Start Rules.

          Info on the Central Asian/Persian positions:
          http://www.throneworld.com/lords/lote28/Deus/Archives/Waiting.htm

          Free Start Rules:
          http://www.throneworld.com/lords/lote28/Deus/Rules/Start.htm

          Inquiries should be sent to: deusvultgm@...

          --Matt
        • David Adams
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 20, 2007
            Please pick up the white phone...

            Lords X is calling.
          • Matt Holy
            Message 5 of 9 , May 24, 2007
              Duchy of Normandy: MSI #8, ESI #22

              It's my island! Normandy currently controls all of Ireland, the strategic
              tip of England, and territories in France. Despite a minor tax issue as
              the currencies of Ireland and France work themselves out, Normandy has a
              lot of potential for building up.

              Duchy of Thuringia: MSI #37, ESI #26

              The Evil Man of Germany. Duke Heinrich has recently seized power,
              murdering the previous royal family except for the current bride of the
              Holy Roman Emperor. Nestled among the other Holy Imperial States, Heinrich
              must decide whether to stretch his borders at their expense (Perhaps
              angling for Emperor himself), or funnel his strength through the
              Crusades as ordered by the Pope.

              Contact: deusvultgm@... if interested. Positions are first come,
              first served.

              Game Site
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 26, 2007
                Startup Positions:

                I'm currently looking for three more players to fill the West African
                positions of the game. This area is somewhat isolated from the main action
                in Europe and the Middle East and makes a perfect place for new players to
                get a taste of the campaign.

                Existing players get first crack at any other positions that open up,
                giving them a chance to swim in the deep end should opportunity and desire
                arise.

                These nations are start-up positions, which means players may customize
                these starts to play to their interests.

                Also available are these existing positions:

                Duchy of Normandy
                MSI: 66.3 (19) ESI: 17
                The Christianization of Ireland has progressed far, with some of the
                island regions seeing the plow of cultivation.

                County of Flanders
                MSI: 61.9 (25) ESI: 8
                A trade nation poised on the English Channel.

                The Hashshashins
                MSI: 45.0 (38) ESI: 42
                A Mideastern sect dedicated to the overthrow of Constantinople.
              • Matt Holy
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 14, 2008
                  Deus Vult is now opening up a new section of the world - West and South
                  Africa. Ten new positions will be available for lottery and the free start
                  rules. Customize your barbarian nation and strive to become dominant power
                  of the primal jungles. Cultivate your natural pagan roots, or convert to
                  Islam or Christianity, make alliances and join the struggles of Jihad or
                  Crusade.

                  Top 10 Lottery Choices are due on Friday, May 9th. New Maps and and an
                  MSI section are posted to the main site.

                  http://lords.throneworld.com/lote28/Deus/index.htm
                • JJ
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 15, 2008
                    Great game, some unique rules which make it interesting!

                    Other than Islam and Christianity join the Casilda reformation and see
                    how it would have been had Martin Luther been born a female a few
                    hundred years early.

                    Marry off your amazonian princesses and influence the world!

                    Good stuff, join if you dare.

                    JJ - Leon - http://www.dwave.net/~jnmj/DV/