Re: [LOTE-L] Power Puff National leaders

  • Kerry Harrison
    Message 1 of 83 , Feb 1, 2002
      > In one game a player with an Islamic position who had invaded England
      wanted
      > to start naming his leaders with Christian names. I felt that was
      > unrealistic and not roleplayed correctly, so I didn't allow that. Can't
      > name your leaders with Christian names if you are Islamic.

      I wanted to name them English names, the official language on the country is
      Anglish which i figure is a version of English, don't see why I couldn't use
      English names for Islamic leaders. Frankly I'm more then a bit pissed about
      your decision.

      Kerry
    • Jerome Scheuring
      Message 83 of 83 , Feb 2, 2002
        The conversion of Scandanavia to Christianity had a profound impact on
        societal norms. The use of Christian as a second name, for example,
        descends from the pride of the new Christians, distinct from their Aesir-
        and ancestor- worshipping kin.

        Another example was the capital of Norway, which was originally "Oslo", then
        renamed "Christiana" in the 1300s, and renamed back to Oslo in the 1920s...

        Respects,

        Jerome