Re: [LOTE-L] movement and trade via open ocean arrows

  • Matthew S. Taylor
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2001
      A one way arrow goes only one way, so you can not return via
      that route. I think you might be thinking of monsoon drifts,
      which do go both ways, but cost more in one direction. When
      calculating total trade distance via open ocean arrows or
      monsoon drifts, you count the total distance there and back
      again (might not be by the same path each way) then divide by
      two to get the trade route distance. Remember that in a ren
      game a conduit counts as one sea zone for trade purposes.

      On 30 Apr 2001, at 22:32, regarding [LOTE-L] movement and trade via open ocean arrows
      dsarison@... wrote:

      > Assuming a seafaring nation has the rutter for an open ocean
      > arrow, movement in the direction of the arrow is 1 ap, and in the
      > opposite direction is 2 ap, right?
      >
      > Again assuming possession of the rutter, for trade purposes, a
      > one way open ocean arrow costs 2, and a two way open ocean arrow
      > costs 1, right?

      -------------------------------
      Matthew S. Taylor
      Universities Space Research Association
      email: mtaylor@...
      Phone: 410-730-2656
      Fax: 410-730-3496
    • Steve Cameron
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2001
        I think he's thinking of the strong current arrows which cost more one way,
        and are cheaper the other way. I think the monsoon drift borders are
        discounted both ways due to the prevailing currents changing from season to
        season, unlike strong current which stays the same.

        The Eastern Pennsylvania Gaming Society - www.epgs.org