Re: [LOTE-L] Digest Number 349

  • Paul Flinton
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1 12:42 AM
      The rule you quoted stated '50% of the total capacity'. Since the total
      capacity is 60 MSP then 50% is 30 whether another nation shares control of
      the city or not. Neither your nor Thomas' math is incorrect but the
      interpretation of 'total capacity' seems to be the issue. I would infer that
      it would be the MSP capacity before any other modifications.

      Now since you stated that the fixlist for the latest GM program has as an
      item 'Also updated the MSP Capacity to reflect level of control (by
      multiplying the base by the Tax percentage)', that would work out to be the
      same. For example, since the tax percentage of Tributary status is 50% the
      result is the same when the total msp capacity of a port is multiplied by
      the tax percentage.

      This would also make it easier for the GM program in that it would not have
      to analyze if another nation had a control status in a particular city but
      the same result would be yielded.

      Paul Flinton