Peter Block in Singapore, May 05

  • Sheila Damodaran
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2005
      We were fortunate in May, to hear so much of Peter Block's Six
      Conversations. First by Wendy of Flamecentre on 13 May at LOPN and then
      by Peter himself on 28 May at NACLI.

      What felt good for me was how he used the seeming constraints the audience
      was facing into a presentation of the Six Conversations and gently led us to
      think that 'a problem is the symptom of disconnectedness' and 'it requires an
      inversion of thinking'. Just think of this ... 'What happened if I believed that
      listening creates the speaking?' Wow! And we thought we were powerless!
      And ... 'I need to know if that inversion is to create a possibility of how I want
      the world to be'.

      That was the foundation of the six conversation which for a Sat morning was
      quite invigorating ... and really struck when I noticed the authencity of the
      conversations that happened around me.

      Do want to hear what the experience was for you?

      Warm regards
      Sheila
    • Sheila Damodaran
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3, 2005
        They were not easy questions to answer, yet the conversations were
        stimulating and the sharing had depth and meaning. Felt good to bring forth
        and articulate our inner selves and achieve clarity and understanding in the
        process. Kept me on a high for days........

        Cheers!
        Phil

        --- In LOPN@yahoogroups.com, "Sheila Damodaran" <dmsl@p...> wrote:
        > We were fortunate in May, to hear so much of Peter Block's Six
        > Conversations. First by Wendy of Flamecentre on 13 May at LOPN and then
        > by Peter himself on 28 May at NACLI.
        >
        > What felt good for me was how he used the seeming constraints the
        audience
        > was facing into a presentation of the Six Conversations and gently led us to
        > think that 'a problem is the symptom of disconnectedness' and 'it requires
        an
        > inversion of thinking'. Just think of this ... 'What happened if I believed that
        > listening creates the speaking?' Wow! And we thought we were
        powerless!
        > And ... 'I need to know if that inversion is to create a possibility of how I
        want
        > the world to be'.
        >
        > That was the foundation of the six conversation which for a Sat morning was
        > quite invigorating ... and really struck when I noticed the authencity of the
        > conversations that happened around me.
        >
        > Do want to hear what the experience was for you?
        >
        > Warm regards
        > Sheila
      • evelyntan4
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 5, 2005
          Hi

          Did not attend the sharing at NACLI but attended his session on
          building an engaged workforce...about how "the nature of
          conversations shifts the moment we beleive that conversatios of:
          - invitation replaces mandate
          - ownership replaces blam
          - possiblities replaces problem solving
          - dissent replaces lip service
          - commitment replaces barter
          - gifts replaces deficiencies

          Was it the same?

          Eve

          > They were not easy questions to answer, yet the conversations were
          > stimulating and the sharing had depth and meaning. Felt good to
          bring forth
          > and articulate our inner selves and achieve clarity and
          understanding in the
          > process. Kept me on a high for days........
          >
          > Cheers!
          > Phil
          >

          > --- In LOPN@yahoogroups.com, "Sheila Damodaran" <dmsl@p...> wrote:
          > > We were fortunate in May, to hear so much of Peter Block's Six
          > > Conversations. First by Wendy of Flamecentre on 13 May at LOPN
          and then
          > > by Peter himself on 28 May at NACLI.
          > >
          > > What felt good for me was how he used the seeming constraints the
          > audience
          > > was facing into a presentation of the Six Conversations and
          gently led us to
          > > think that 'a problem is the symptom of disconnectedness' and 'it
          requires
          > an
          > > inversion of thinking'. Just think of this ... 'What happened if
          I believed that
          > > listening creates the speaking?' Wow! And we thought we were
          > powerless!
          > > And ... 'I need to know if that inversion is to create a
          possibility of how I
          > want
          > > the world to be'.
          > >
          > > That was the foundation of the six conversation which for a Sat
          morning was
          > > quite invigorating ... and really struck when I noticed the
          authencity of the
          > > conversations that happened around me.
          > >
          > > Do want to hear what the experience was for you?
          > >
          > > Warm regards
          > > Sheila
        • Sheila Damodaran
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 6, 2005
            Yes, it pretty much sounds the same. Like the way the shifts are presented
            here. Sheila