Fw: [Southlake Focus Group] CEO - Packaged Foods (Dallas, TX)
- View SourceFYI:----- Forwarded Message ----
From: ccarruth2002 <carruths@...>
Sent: Tue, June 15, 2010 6:37:39 PM
Subject: [Southlake Focus Group] CEO - Packaged Foods (Dallas, TX)
About the company
Convergence Foods, L.P., is a startup packaged foods (pre-revenue) company that is creating unique and innovative products in the "white space" between existing categories that exist in the market today. The flagship product is currently in development, and has received positive feedback from food brokers, various product development houses, manufacturers, retailers, the investment community, and consumers.
About the job - CEO
Primary responsibility is to profitably grow the company from zero to $60 million in sales by the end of Year 5. Of particular importance is the ability to adapt and respond to changes in markets in a start-up environment, building the company's reputation as an innovative partner and supplier. Finally, having the ability to create a compelling vision and direction beyond the flagship product will be essential.
· Create a compelling business strategy that will serve as a foundation for the business over the next 5 year period. This will incorporate appropriate levels of market and competitive analysis.
· Develop annual business plans and financial budgets that advance long term sustainable growth in revenue and profitability of the company.
· Creation and execution of a North American sales strategy, including design and implementation of sales plans, sales forecasts and management of trade spending budgets in addition to managing key broker and customer relationships.
· Set the long-term marketing vision and goals, including identification of key drivers for the product portfolio and its innovation.
· Lead the marketing organization across all channels, driving continued growth and profitability through brand strategy and management, effective advertising and promotions, leveraging consumer and market insights, customer relationships, and new product introductions.
· Support relations with investors and the financial community, including preparing reports and presentations and their delivery via briefings as required.
· Assist in creating and managing outsourced services relationships where appropriate.
· Maintain close working cross functional relationships with Finance, Operations, Customer Service, Marketing, Sales, IT and HR/Legal.
· Manage, recruit, and develop senior management within the company.
· Establish a culture of new product development and innovation, ensuring systems are in place to continuously improve product quality and optimize portfolio ROI while establishing and maintaining financial control.
· Established food industry experience required and start-up background a strong plus.
· Drive product innovation including commercialization plans and sell-in for high margin products.
· 10+ years of P&L responsibility in a retail market development environment.
· Solid academic background – BA or BS degree required, MBA a plus.
· Private label / branded sales and marketing experience managing national accounts, club, drug and mass channel customers.
· Previous channel leadership experience driving revenue and managing brokers, institutional foodservice sales, vending network experience is a plus.
· Demonstrated leadership capability, creative problem-solving skills and record of past successes.
· Results driven, action-oriented leader with an entrepreneurial focus.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
· Ability to travel as required.
· Priority candidates have branded experience with established CPG companies, as well as entrepreneurial exposure in growing startups.
· OTE $225,00, comprised of base pay of $175,000 annually plus performance bonus
· Equity stake negotiable
· Full benefits
Slate closing date: June 31, 2010