Re: Blumenthal Challenges LNG Project
- --- In LNGsafety@yahoogroups.com, kuprewicz wrote:
> CEII is a absolute failure and is a delusion apparently intendedThose other objectives are not hard to figure out since:
> to accomplish other objectives, while cutting out the very citizen
> input from those who may be taking the real ultimate risk, loss of life.
1) The proponent decides what it wants to be kept from view, not DHS
2) The ability to obtain CEII by merely agreeing not to talk about it provides a
clear path for any interested terrorists.
3) CEII was not needed to effectively attack the USS Cole.
4) CEII was not needed to destroy the twin towers.
5) CEII was not needed to attack the Madrid rail system or the London
6) CEII is irrelevant to anyone intent on using massive quantities of LNG
against U.S. interests. Such facilities can not be hidden.
The apparent goals of the CEII program, as applied to LNG import terminals,
are to both quell public concern over proposed projects and to prevent
independent experts from using design details to reveal more thoroughly to the
public the potential consequences of credible events.
In a related story from NY NewsDay - Blumenthal demands documents
regulators say are already public - http://www.nynewsday.com/news/local/wire/
spokeswoman Tamara Young-Allen was quoted saying, "If I were living next to
a LNG facility, I'd feel more comfortable if certain information was not made
available to someone living in a cave in Iran or Iraq."
If this comment is intended to relieve our concerns, then it fails. It reveals to
me the clear knowledge within that agency regarding the true level risk they are
so forcefully imposing on the public.