Re: New Lupin pic

  • Lisa Rourke
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2002
      Thanks, Nightfall and Kel! ^_^ So glad you like him! I didnt' have
      a chance to write more about him when I uploaded him. I've been
      really busy. I wanted to say that he's based on a GAP model (Aaron
      Ward). I got this nice big glossy GAP add with winter scarves and
      coats and such and there was something so Lupinesque about him that I
      had to draw him. Plus I really like the way his face was shaded in
      the photo. I don't think I'll color him, Nightfall. Took me too
      long to get the shading with graphite :-)

      Thanks Again!
      Lisa
    • K. Lo
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2002
        You're quite welcome. *g*

        Kel

        =====
        AIM: badboystimes3 YIM: k_lo5 http://bardlands.fandomnet.com/
        <May you be filled with your own dirty thoughts of Severus Snape! ~Rae~>

        ~For every family, there is a Chosen one. She is Kel, the Dirt Slayer. Ithy~

        "Whenever you get a group of women together, it's either witchery, or a
        wedding shower" - Crow, MST3K

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • a_l_sauveterre <a_l_sauveterre@hotmail.c
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 7, 2002
          Lisa, the shading, the detailing of the hair, the hint of a smile and
          THOSE EYES are simply breathtaking. Winter Lupin looks so *alive*.
          And I love how he looks like he's thinking of something slightly
          mischievous.

          I've already gushed about this drawing over at the Quill, but I must
          say I think this is the best one you've done yet. Whenever I see
          your work I think "Wow, it just doesn't get any better than this" but
          with each new work of yours, it DOES.

          Amazing work.

          Axelle :)
        • Mia
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 20, 2004
            Hi Lisa,
            I just opened this site and saw it, a new Remus, wow. Absolutely
            brilliant !
            I read the comments and must say, I can't explain it better myself
            because everything was said.
            I really love the way you draw him. I know I've said so ;).
            And once again I wish to hug him *sigh*.
            Maybe you've explained it before and I haven't read it (shame on me
            *g*) Do you have a "model" for your Remus. Who is he ? Where is he ?
            I'd like to date him *g*.
            Greetings
            Mia
          • Lisa Rourke
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 21, 2004
              Hi, Mia! Thank you so much for the review! ^_^ As for a model for
              Remus, I don't just use one. As a matter of fact I don't think I've
              used the same model for any of my Lupin drawings. When I set out to
              draw a character I look for models that have features or
              characteristics that match my mental image. In this case the model
              had the bone structure and hair I like for Remus. I try very hard to
              be as consistant with the features of the character from one drawing
              to the next. It's not always easy and doesn't always work so well but
              I think over the years I've finally develope an image of him that I
              like and can call my own :-)

              Lisa

              P.S. I wish I personally knew a model who looked like this! I'd be
              the luckiest woman in the world but I don't think I'd get much
              artwork done! *BEG*