Once a Wolf posted

  • infectedwithlupinus
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 7, 2005
      Hello, all! A while back I mentioned to Lisa (and asked to use her
      artwork for promotional reasons) about a Remus Lupin fan novel I've
      been working on. She wanted me to inform the group whenever it was
      up. So, take a break from the hectic holiday and get lost in the
      story because the prologue and first chapter are up. Be warned, it
      is rather dark at the moment, as it is NOT from Harry's POV. The
      link:

      www.schnoogle.com/authorLinks/Infected_With_Lupinus/Once_A_Wolf/index.
      html

      Here is a bit of a promo teaser:

      "Some say it was his family name of Lupescu that marked him. Others
      say it was because he was born from the union of an English witch and
      a Rumanian Gypsy that he was fated for the bite. Either way, he was
      but a child of five when the horrid curse imposed itself upon him and
      from then on sent him and his family into a rapid downward spiral."

      A miracle child met with joy…

      "Finally, in June Mamã discovered she was pregnant for a third time.
      Both husband and wife rejoiced but met the news with trepidation,
      anticipating complication and another tragic outcome. The third
      pregnancy was a charm and on March 10, 1960, Stella and Doru Lupin at
      last became parents to a slightly premature baby boy. Due to his
      great determination to live, Mamã named him Remus in honour of one of
      Rome's founding siblings."

      …and fear.

      "The good tidings weren't completely met with joy. The Lupescu family
      became harbingers of doom, voicing their Transylvanian superstitions
      when told the name of the new addition. It was the equivalent of
      murder, they prophesied, to name a child after a man raised by a wolf
      when he already belonged to the lupi since their family name derived
      from the creatures."

      The path to tragedy begins with the end of innocence.

      "When he turned back around to retreat toward the security of his
      house, he met with the glowing and very real amber eyes of a great
      wolf. It was as if the blackness itself took the terrible canine
      shape out of a lingering nightmare.
      "Remus glanced over the beast at his quiet, shadowed home where
      safety taunted him. There was too much distance between him and the
      front door and although his legs were long for his age, they were
      still a child's limbs which would never be able to outrun a wild
      animal. If he could just reach the porch!"

      Bad things happen to good people…

      "Once upon a time his full name was emblazoned across the new rather
      than cracked leather of the gift from his parents. Now the remainder
      of it attempted to follow the example of the already vanquished
      letters. Just as well. Once upon a time he had been gainfully
      employed as a professor. Now he was a host of things: a beggar, a
      thief, a busker and a sometime rent-boy. Whatever provided him with
      his next meal. The lycanthropic infection which catapulted him into
      such extreme indigence robbed him of nearly everything he once had
      early in life. It condemned him to live in loneliness and misery,
      destitution and misunderstanding, in desperate need and unrequited
      want, snatching away all that he loved."

      Hell doesn't release its prisoners easily.

      Infected with Lupinus
      presents:
      Once a Wolf

      Read the first section of Canto 1 now at:

      www.schnoogle.com/authorLinks/Infected_With_Lupinus/Once_A_Wolf/index.
      html
    • Lisa Rourke
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 7, 2005
        Sounds really good! ^_^ But I had trouble with the
        link. Is your story not quite up yet?

        Just $16.99/mo. or less.
        dsl.yahoo.com
      • infectedwithlupinus
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 8, 2005
          Uh oh! I'm new with doing links and stuff online so you must forgive
          me. Try this:

          http://www.fictionalley.org/authors/infected_with_lupinus/OAW00a.html

          If not, it is on Fiction Alley (Schnoogle house). Once you get on
          the Fiction Alley site they have a great new search engine where you
          can "Jump to" the story title you type in. I apologise for any
          inconvenience but MANY thanks for the interest. :) Just remember:
          only the prologue and first chapter are currently up. It's a work in
          progress and I hope to get the next two chapters up before Xmas. Let
          me know if you can get on. :)
          --Infected with Lupinus

          --- In LMRourkeArtGallery@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Rourke
          <lmrourke@y...> wrote:

          > Sounds really good! ^_^ But I had trouble with the
          > link. Is your story not quite up yet?

          > Just $16.99/mo. or less.
          > dsl.yahoo.com

        • Lisa Rourke