Photo "Ploppers" using LisArt

  • Accio Padfoot
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 4, 2005
      "Ploppers" made with Lisa's art:

      http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=47350&cat=1164&page=2

      http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=46466&cat=1164&page=2
      http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=46467&cat=1164&page=2

      and one that someone already put a photo in:
      http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=1164

      Lisa graciously gave me permission to use her work for these, and the ploppers are being graciously hosted as freebies on DigitalScrapbookPlace.com . You can download them from
      http://www.dsplace.com/freebies/hpploppers.zip

      and you'll need to unzip them and use a program that can utilize layers to put a photo in them. PhotoShop, PS Elements, Digital Image Pro, Corel Photo Paint, Paint Shop Pro, those kinds of programs. They were part of a huge Harry Potter digital scrapbook kit members made (including me) and if you are familiar with digital scrapbooking, you will want the whole kit. Check out the DSP site, and get the rest of the Harry Potter Pass the Pixel Freebie Kit here:

      http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=51102&cat=738&page=1

      Here is how I used the kit:

      http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=51218&nocache=1

      I pimped your prints in the trivia chat when we launched the kit, Lisa. Everyone loves your work, just follow the comments under the ploppers to see! Thanks again!

    • Lisa Rourke
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 5, 2005
        They look wonderful, Elizbeth! You really have such a creative flair
        for design! *hugs* I still love those bookmark (*makes note to self
        to have some printed up*).
        I'm so sorry I missed the trivia chat! :-( It completely skipped my
        mind. My daughter went back to college today and we were busy over
        the weekend getting her ready. How did it go? Did they answer all your
        questions? Are they as big HP fans/nerds as we? *g* Can you post
        your questions to the group? I'd like to see how well I do! :-)

        And Thank You for pimping the prints! xoxox *extra hugs* xoxoxo ^_^

        --- In LMRourkeArtGallery@yahoogroups.com, Accio Padfoot

      • Nymphadora_Tonks@runbox.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 6, 2005
          Lisa, Dearheart, I hope you know that I would buy each and every one of your prints if I could. I am terribly sorry to hear that things are so hard for you right now and wish with all my heart that there were somthing (more than good wishes and prayers) that I could do for you and your family. It does sound as if there may be some light at the end of the tunnel for you, and I pray that it turns into a glorious sun over a fertile meadow!

          Unfortunately I am currently displaced due to Hurricane Katrina. I do not know when, if ever, we will be able to go home. Right now we are living in a hotel room, and don't know how long that is going to last. My hubby has been recalled to the base back in Biloxi so now we don't have him here, and as it stands right now we don't know when we will see him again. At last report they are considering starting up "Separation Pay" something they do for service members who are in war zones away from their families, this is supposed to ease the loss of the service memeber on the family left behind... or in this case, the family displaced from home. WOW, We're the one's deployed this time!
          Sorry, that struck me funny for a moment.

          Anyway, when things settle down I will see if we have the funds for me to purchase some of your pieces, I love your work and would love to have it displayed in my home.

          I hope you can forgive that I am not able to help at this time.

          Huggles,
          Faerie/Tonks
        • Lisa Rourke
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 7, 2005
            There is nothing to feel bad about Faerie! Your thoughts and prayers
            are more than enough for me! *hugs* Hurricane Katrina and the
            devestation it caused totally outweigh my little problems. As a matter
            of fact I feel a little guilty for having things as good as I do
            compared to everyone there. My situation is already improving while
            who knows how long it will be before you can say the same. My heart
            goes out to everyone affected by the hurricane and you are also all in
            my prayers. I fervently hope that you will soon be able to return
            home and that you will be reunited with your husband again. In the
            mean time, if there is anything I can do for you, please don't
            hesitate to ask! I sincerely mean that! ^_^

            Love, Hugs and Prayers!
            Lisa
          • Accio Padfoot
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 8, 2005
              I'm guessing anyone on this list will do well on these. I had to keep mostly with the "hard" questions in my chat - everyone knew everything else. And it wasn't a Harry Potter website! I guess I didn't do a great job of coming up with questions. But, here they are if you want to read them:

              Hard:

              What is the core of Neville's new wand and from what wood is it made? (Half-Blood Prince)

              What is the incantation for the spell to make invisible ink become visible?

              Who is Martin Miggs?

              Who is the “stringy” 5th year Slytherin boy who can see the thestrals in Hagrid’s class, when Harry and Neville see them, too?

              What is fatal to a basilisk?

              Who was Fleur Delacour’s date to the Yule Ball?

              What did Hermione steal from Snape’s office?

              Who is the bartender at the Hogs Head?

              What is Molly Weasley’s maiden name?

              What magical creatures live in trees that yield good wood for wands?

              What is the number to dial in the telephone booth to get to the Ministry of Magic?

              Who did the Sorting Hat originally belong to?

              What does Professor Trelawney call Firenze?

              What is the spell to levitate a person?

              What is the spell that glues the victim’s tongue to the roof of their mouth?

              What is Professor Sprout’s first name?

              According to Lupin in HBP, James called Lupin’s werewolfism his “furry little problem”. What did Lupin say it made a lot of people think?

              What subject did Dumbledore teach in the days that Tom Riddle was at Hogwarts?

              What four things on JK Rowling’s site must you “gather” and “put in the cauldron”, to get an “easter egg”?

              What is Hagrid’s mother’s name?

              What letter arrives to Hogwarts in a purple envelope?

              Medium:

              What does Bill Weasley do for a living?

              Who was headmaster of Hogwarts when Tom Riddle attended school?

              What is the name of the Ravenclaw girl that Percy dated?

              Who can perform an excellent “bat bogey hex”?

              What color are/were Sirius’ eyes?

              Crookshanks is part cat, part what magical creature?

              Who is Mr. Tibbles?

              What item did Lucius Malfoy tell Draco he would not buy him, in book two, but Draco has it in book 6?

              How do the members of the Order of the Phoenix communicate so quickly with each other?

              Which portrait hanging in Dumbledore’s office also has a second painting at Number 12 Grimmauld Place?

              What is Tonks’ magical specialty?

              On what street does Snape live?

              What is Madame Rosmerta’s first name (according to movie 3)?

              What is the name of the “Lucky” potion?

              Which boy was appointed prefect when James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter were fifth year at Hogwarts?

              Who is Ron’s favorite Quidditch team?

              What is needed from Voldemort’s father to complete the potion Peter makes to restore Voldemort to a body?

              How many locks are on Moody’s trunk?

              What is the device Dumbledore uses to extinguish the street lamps on Privet Drive?

              Whose idea is it to make and use Polyjuice Potion in book 2?

              What is Harry forced to write on the back of his hand, using Umbridge’s pen?

              In what Gringott’s vault number was the Sorcerer’s Stone kept?

              What has Dumbledore invented/discovered 12 uses for?

              How many O.W.L.s did Harry achieve?

              What is Voldemort’s wand made of? (wood and core)

              Who played Remus Lupin in the third movie?

              Who play Fred and George Weasley in the movies?

              What scene in the Prisoner of Azkaban movie has been oft-compared to a like scene in the Titanic?

              On JK Rowling’s website, who knocks over the cup of pens/pencils?

              What is the derogatory name the Marauders call Snape?

              Where is Weasleys’ Wizarding Wheezes?

              What is the name of a plant Neville owns, that is also used as the password to Gryffindor Tower?

              How did Neville find out he was a wizard?

              What is the summoning charm?

              Who has ginger hair and bow-legs OTHER than Crookshanks?

              IN ORDER, who are the “Purveyors of Magical Mischief”?

              What did Luna say she and her father were going to look for during the summer?

              What fruit do you tickle to get into the kitchens at Hogwarts?

              What kind of pet does Ginny get in HBP?

              Easy:

              Who loaned Hagrid the flying motorcycle he used to deliver Harry to the Dursleys?

              What is Madame Pomfrey’s first name?

              What is the name of Sirius Black’s brother?

              What is the name of the Weasleys’ old and tired owl?

              What was the real name of the man impersonating Alastor Moody, in book 4?

              What is the name of the werewolf who bit Remus Lupin? (first and last names)

              First and last name: When Harry ran away from the Dursleys’ in movie 3, who met him at the Leaky Cauldron?

              What other two wizarding schools has Harry met students from?

              How did Rita Skeeter overhear so many private conversations in book 4?

              Name the three house elves Harry has met.

              What did Ron become entangled in, in the battle at the Department of Mysteries? (book 5)

              What is the spell to float an object in midair?

              Who has Harry met that works with dragons?

              What shape does Harry’s patronus take?

              Who lives in the U-bend in a girls’ bathroom at Hogwarts?

              First and last name: What squib works at Hogwarts?

              What kind of car did the Weasleys have that could fly?

              First and last names: What world famous Bulgarian seeker does Harry meet?

              What is the full name of Ron’s minute owl?

              What does a boggart become to Ron?

            • Lisa Rourke
              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 8, 2005
                Wow, those are great! I suggest anyone interested in taking the
                challenge copy them separately and print them out so you can see how
                many you can answer without resorting to the books for help. I'll do
                the same and we can see how we rank! ^_^