Re: [Beltane] Samhain Ball [2 Attachments]

  • Linda E. Milano
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 6, 2012
      The Paumanock ADF Protogrove will be doing the ritual for the 2013 ball.

      Sent from my iPad

      On Oct 6, 2012, at 2:55 PM, "Linda E. Milano" <lindamilano721@...> wrote:

      > [Attachment(s) from Linda E. Milano included below]
      >
      > The 9th Annual Samhain Witches Masquerade Ball will be on Thursday, October 25, at Whoville in Bethpage.
      >
      > Annwyn's Children will be doing the ritual this year.
      >
      > MediaCrime will be playing.
      >
      > This year's costume theme will be steampunk.
      >
      > I'm working on locking in another group for next year's ritual.
      >
      > Decorations go up on Monday, October 22, starting about 7 or 8 p.m. Someone will have to coordinate with Greg, the owner of Whoville, about when he wants them taken down.
      >
      > Someone will have to come by my house to pick up the decorations and the prizes.
      >
      > Sadly, I'm home recovering from quadruple bypass surgeryand will not be able to take part in any of the festivities. I'm still all stitched up and will not be allowed out of the house until sometime in November. I'm also considering this to be the last year that I coordinate the Ball - it's gotten to be too much for me over the years.
      >
      > L&L
      > Linda Earthcrone
      >
      > Attachment(s) from Linda E. Milano
      >
      > 2 of 2 File(s)
      >

      > 2012 Masquerade Ball.docx
      >
      > Judging Form.docx

    • Linda E. Milano
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 24, 2013
        The 10th Annual Long Island Samhain Witches' Masquerade Ball will be held on
        Samhain, October 31, 2013 at Whoville, 339 Broadway, Bethpage. Gathering
        begins at 7:00 p.m., Ritual begins at 8:00 p.m., Pagan Standard Time. Party
        to follow.

        This year, the ritual will be performed by the Paumanok ADF Proto-Grove.
        The costume theme will be anything dealing with the "The Forest Realm."
        This could include animals, trees, flowers, water, fairies, elves, human
        tribes of the forest, and whatever people can think of!

        Music for the party will be performed by MediaCrime again this year.

        The Psychic Night fundraiser will be on Thursday, September 26th, starting
        at 8:00 p.m. Readings will be $20. We still need readers to volunteer.
        Please contact me off list.

        We need judges for the costume contest at the Ball. We need donations of
        prizes for both events. We also need donations of dessert goodies for the
        dessert table for the Ball. We also need a decorating committee to put up
        and take down the decorations. If anyone wants to donate some new
        decorations, it would be appreciated. Our current ones are getting kind of
        sad.

        ALSO - I am moving out of state in the Spring. We need someone to step up
        to the plate to coordinate the Ball in the future. Last year, when I had
        the surprise quadruple bypass surgery, Melissa and Chris Walpole stepped up
        and ran the event. They did not volunteer to take it over. If anyone would
        volunteer to help, it would be appreciated. We have had the Ball for 10
        years now. It would be a shame if it ceased to happen.

        L&L

        Linda Earthcrone

      • Melissa Hardwick
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 25, 2013
          Hi Linda,
          I was going to send you a message privately asking what was going on with
          the event and pagans in the pub. I would be happy to take over for you when
          you move. I also have the decorations and some raffle gifts from last year
          still. Please let me know if I can do anything else for this years event.
          Melissa