Re: recommendations on beginner's book needed

  • Gregory Crutcher
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 10, 2000
      For someone starting from scratch I would recommend:
      "A Practical Guide to Linux" by Mark Sobell. It is for those who do
      not know what "bash" is and have no UNIX experience at all. It is one
      of the best.
      After you graduate from that book I would suggest:
      "Running Linux", one of the O'Reilly books. It will give you more
      specific vendor info about apps like Samba, Apache, KDE etc.

      Good Luck!!!