RE: Need installation guide/ instructions Red Hat

  • Martin
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 9, 2000
      A weblink that might help is http://www.workspot.net/~itsmarty It has
      tutorials for beginners and a guide to other useful Linux sites.

      Martin Burke martin@...

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 10, 2000
        Redhat, Caldera, Mandrake, Turbo and others have the user and
        installation guides on their web sites ready to be downloaded. If you
        have a high capacity printer there are numerous guides via the web in
        html and pdf format that will give you what you need.
        Try the Linux Documentation project:
        http://metalab.unc.edu/mdw/index.html
        You will find anything you need here whether its vendor specific or
        just general info. Another site is Northern Light. It is a searh
        engine but it has some specials pages dedicated to specific topics:
        http://special.northernlight.com/linux/index.html.
        As far as buying Linux software go to Linuxmall.com. They have every
        different flavor of Linux (Redhat, Mandrake, SuSE, Caldera, etc.) for
        $1.89 a piece. You could buy them all and figure out which one you
        like. Linuxcentral.com has the software for about $1.95 a piece. You
        really can't go wrong. They may not have all the extras included,
        like "star office" in the packages but you can download them
        yourself. Or let me know what you need and for a small fee I'll burn
        one for you. I have used the linuxmall.com versions of Redhat,
        Caldera, Mandrake, SuSE and Turbo and have found them to be very
        complete.

        Good Luck!

        --- In LINUX_Newbies@egroups.com, "J" <justo@m...> wrote:
        > to tux and others,
        >
        > you mentioned that the manual that comes w/red hat is pretty good.
        in light