Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Kernel

  • tim fairchild
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 28, 2002
      On Friday 01 March 2002 16:34, Sim Charlie wrote:
      > Thank alot. But does that mean we can use the original
      > Kernel develop by Linus Torvalds straight away without
      > purchase from Redhat?

      The kernel, red hat, mandrake, etc are all essentially free. You only pay for
      support - if you want it.

      You can download red hat or mandrake or such a distro, or get it really
      really cheap on a CD-R from various places.

      The kernel and various packages that make linux are developed by lots of
      different people continuously all over the world.

      tim

      Tim & Therese Fairchild
      Atchafalaya Border Collies.
      Kuttabul, Queensland, Australia.
      Email mailto:amosf@...
      Homepage http://www.bcs4me.com
    • Andres Rosado
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2002
        At 02:34 PM 3/1/2002 +0800, you wrote:
        >Thank alot. But does that mean we can use the original
        >Kernel develop by Linus Torvalds straight away without
        >purchase from Redhat?

        Yes. It can be found at http://www.kernel.org/

        Andres Rosado
        Email: andresr@...