AUTOCAD + Wine emulation

  • Ionut Tataru
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2001
      Here I am posting another question .
      It seems I'm more qualified asking them than
      answering , so ... I'm sticking to what I'm good
      at ::-)

      Does anyone on this list run AutoCAD
      ( either 14 or 2000 versions ) on Linux ?
      I'm pretty shure there's no Linux version , so
      the only way to go is Wine . I've installed it
      with some success (can run Brood War better than on
      Win. & Quake3 with awful sound & a bunch of other
      applets ) but the thing that I need most is AutoCAD.
      Still ,the *&^*%^ing thing keeps locking up at startup
      , taking the system along with it , can't even do
      a ps | kill to get the comp. working again ::-(
      So , if anyone can give me some advice ... I'll be most
      grateful .

      Btw. , what other CAD tools can I use in Linux ,
      other than Qcad , preferably 90% compatible with AutoCAD
      and (really important) with a command line to speed
      things up ?

      Again , tnx in advance , Ionut .
      ---
      exploreaza Romania Online!
      http://www.ROL.ro
    • poulsonplace@juno.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2001
        What does wine mean when they say the have almost complete direct x
        support?

        Andy

        On Sun, 2 Dec 2001 23:22:17 +0200 "Ionut Tataru" <tataru2001@...>
        writes:

        > Here I am posting another question .
        > It seems I'm more qualified asking them than
        > answering , so ... I'm sticking to what I'm good
        > at ::-)
        >
        > Does anyone on this list run AutoCAD
        > ( either 14 or 2000 versions ) on Linux ?
        > I'm pretty shure there's no Linux version , so
        > the only way to go is Wine . I've installed it
        > with some success (can run Brood War better than on
        > Win. & Quake3 with awful sound & a bunch of other
        > applets ) but the thing that I need most is AutoCAD.
        > Still ,the *&^*%^ing thing keeps locking up at startup
        > , taking the system along with it , can't even do
        > a ps | kill to get the comp. working again ::-(
        > So , if anyone can give me some advice ... I'll be most
        > grateful .
        >
        > Btw. , what other CAD tools can I use in Linux ,
        > other than Qcad , preferably 90% compatible with AutoCAD
        > and (really important) with a command line to speed
        > things up ?
        >

        > Again , tnx in advance , Ionut .
        > ---
        > exploreaza Romania Online!
        > http://www.ROL.ro

        GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
        http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
      • Patrick Berry
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 3, 2001
          Proprietary Autocad does issue "new" and 'revised'
          editions, in which nothing much that affects a 2d plot
          or print, is changed, but they get to charge their
          customers more, again... There are several programs
          like Ac3d, that run great, print or plot, native in
          Linux... www.sourceforge.org has
          a search engine... Patrick

          http://shopping.yahoo.com