Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Introduction: Mike Little

  • Jeff and Stephanie Kooser
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 2000
      OK, well I'm not a whole lot more experienced with Linux than Mike is, but
      if I read his email correctly, he needs to upload the config file as
      "root" and then send a HUP to the inetd process, right? Or does the server
      have to reboot?

      _sending HUP to inetd_

      as root,
      $ ps x | grep inetd
      1234 inetd
      $ kill -HUP 1234

      Jeff Kooser
      Systems Administrator, News-Gazette (kooser@...)

      *)This e-mail was painstakingly sent as text-only, to proactively prevent
      the spread of computer viruses.

      "No actual celebrities were harmed in the filming of this episode"
      --Jon Lovitz, "The Critic"